Views
Helpful
Replies

polycom 7000 video call to 7960

jmize
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured our call manager 4.1(3) and 3745 router to place calls form

a 7960 phone to a polycom 7000 video conf unit using h.323 gateway and gatekeeper on our 3745 router.

the call connects fine and even shows the user name on the polycom screen.

To accomplish this i created a h.323 device in the call manager pointing to the polycom 7000.

the gateway and all video endpoints and call managers are registered to the gateway.

all calls are using the gatekeeper in and out of the public network.

I have dial peers for the h.323 to and from public network for my call manager controlled phones and my PRI circuits.

All of our circuits and phones have been controlled via MGC so devloping this has been a real learning experence.

Problem

I would like to place a call from the polycom (h.232 id bloomfield7000 e.164 4337580) to a 7960 or the public network.

seems i would need some dial peers but not sure where to go.

any help finding examples to look at would be great

thanks

Jeff

4 Replies 4

pcobley
Level 1
Level 1

Jeff,

I recently set up this with vsx7000's.

You don't say whether you are after just voice calls out to the PSTN from the vsx7000's or whether you want to call out using video.

If you want to use video calls out then you need an h323/h320 gateway - we used an ipvc3526.

Check out the Video Telephony Design Guide (published August 2005) - a lot changed with this version & you need to be using RASAggregator trunks from CCM to your GK.

HTH,

Paul.

Paul,

I removed the h.323 phones and went with the h225 trunk and that worked great. i can call both ways now.

another question

i have an mcu tied to a pri to a 3745.

the 3745 also has a pri to SBC.

i can place a video or voice call from the MCU back to its self through it's PRI.

i can place a voice call from MCU through PRI to 3745 through the SBC Pri.

But i can not place a video call through the SBC pri.

If i place the mcu directly on the SBC pri i can make video calls. From the debug i see the call as unrestricted digital.

Not sure what needs to be done to allow video to pass from pri to pri out to the public network.

some setting or command on the dial peer perhaps ?

Thanks

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

If I understand correctly you are trying to send a video call through a PRI on a 3745 ?

Unfortunately that is not going to work. The DSP's in a Cisco voice gateway do not support video codec's.

In order to break video calls out to a PRI you will need an h323/h320 gateway. For a PRI this will be either an ipvc3526 or a 3540 box (you can get a 2xPRI blade for the 3540).

Best wishes,

Paul.

could you please explain me how you did the h225 trunk ?