Views
Helpful
Replies

Poor Video Quality

ElwinMkanyika
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

This is my first real problem as an Engineer so please help. Here goes....

One of our clients is complaining of poor video quality. I have attached a rough draft of the real connection. Basically, we are planning on setting up a stand so as to understand what is wrong and monitor the traffic.

1) Please advise on what i can use to emulate video traffic - . What can we use?

2)Please could you advice on good monitor tools that I can use to monitor the traffic leaving the branch router to the headquaters?

3) Qos is configured in the routers, are there certain policies that i chould be in the look out for?

Please advise me in any way possible. I need to set up the send to emulate the real situation as possible.

Regards,

Faith.

2 Replies 2

danny fabre
Level 1
Level 1

The short answer to all your questions is Cisco prime collaboration; there is a demo version of this software you should be able to get off the Cisco.com website. You should also look at the MTU size as I have found in my experience it is usually the cause of bad video on MPLS.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Danny, thank you.

Found that I can use Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager 1.1 to monitor video traffic.

Will also check on the mtu size to make sure that it aint causing the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: