Views
Helpful
Replies

port usage documentation

stijnlaureys
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Will the documentation about the port usage be updated?

Its been a while that the document TANDBERG and H323 / SIP is renewed.

At this moment, its not possible to download the SIP document from the tandberg site. This link is broken:

http://www.tandberg.com/support/dl.php?id=522&dir=White_Papers&fn=White%20Paper%20-%20TANDBERG%20and%20SIP.pdf

I posted this same question almost a year ago and i received the answer that there was a new document coming up. In this new one, H323 and SIP would be integrated. This instead of having 2 seperate documents.

Is there still a plan on releasing such a document?

Regards

Stijn

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some admin guides have improved port usage information. So maybe you find it there.

I guess with a bigger variety of Cisco products it will not get easier to have one single

document, but ok a "Cisco Telepresence Firewall and Traffic flow" guide would not harm :-)

What I would like to see is a section in each admin guide with talbes with

protocol; source IP, source port; destination IP, destination port , type, direction, usage,  access group

IPs could be like local endpoint / dervice address, or even "0.0.0.0/0 - everything)

Ports could be a single port or a port range,  type if its a listening port or something dynamic,

direction if its inbound or outbound, usage what its used for and the access group to more define

who needs access to it (like enduser, admin user, management, interclustercommunication, ...)

I also found a copy of "White Paper - TANDBERG and SIP.pdf" - D50444 revision 1.1 May 2008

Back to your posting, it sounded more like a general question towards Cisco than that

you need help right? If you have a specific question let the forum know, guess we will find an answer.

Regards the generic part, I would be interested in an answer as well :-)

Martin

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin,

I posted this question because it's been a while that this kind of white papers are released.

I have the document TANDBERG and SIP. But its from may 2008.

A lot has changed since then!

I know that ports are mentioned in the admin guides. But to find something, you need to do a lot of research.

These white papers are so helpful because all components are listed.

so, yes, my question is towards Cisco.

Its good that you are also interested and i don't think we are the only ones

Let's hope for a positive answer from Cisco!

Hi Stijn,

The last time we discussed this I sent a request to the product management. They stated the there was work in progress on such a document. There has not yet been a date commited, but I'l keep you updated if I have any news on this.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: