Views
Helpful
Replies

Precision 60 getting disconnected

mpanse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using SX80 (FW 9.3.3) with 2 x Precision 60 camera in an auditorium. One of the camera is connected to the Ethernet Port 3 and another camera is connected to Port 2 through switch. A Touch 10 is also connected to Port 2 through same switch. We are facing an issue with both camera not getting controlled on a random basis. The Codec Output1 shows a message 'Camera not detected'. The Touch10 doesn't show camera PTZ controls when cameras are disconnected. Touch10 works fine throughout, including fetching addresses and setting up call. The video from both camera is present on Codec output but it's only the control which is lost. If I disconnect and reconnect the LAN cables of camera, they are back in the system and I get the PTZ control back. However, this sync is lost after few hours. Has anyone seen this issue before? 

I went through some threads with similar topic/title but couldn't find an issue with exact description. Please guide me to the correct thread if this issue is already discussed somewhere else.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpanse
Level 1
Level 1

After testing multiple combinations of FW as well as connection, following solution worked.

FW - Same as previous, 9.3.3

Camera 1 and Camera 2 - Connected to LAN 2 and 3.

Touch 10 - Connected to client network. It required a factory reset for the touch 10 to reconfigure the codec IP.

Camera's are now working when connected to on-board ports of codec.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it the one camera that consistently drops out?  Checked cabling?  Replaced network cables?

What happens if you connect both cameras to the switch?  Do you lose one camera, or both?  Or none?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Both Cameras drop consistently. Cannot distinguish whether camera connected to Codec is more stable than camera connected to network switch.  In fact, I didn't see one camera working while the other was down. Whenever the error popped up on Codec screen, both cameras were disconnected.

Have you tried upgrading the endpoint to the newer software (CE9.6.1 is the latest) - there have been quite a number of firmware updates for the cameras in the software releases since the old CE9.3.3 version you are running (I count at least 7 updates in between those two versions).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne, Firmware upgrade was my first recommendation too. However, the maintenance of the codec is with the customer IT team. Unfortunately, they have locked in firmware CE9.3.3 as an organisation standard. I am aware that not much could be achieved without upgrading the setup to latest version. We have informed the customer to upgrade the firmware on this unit. Thanks for your help!

You could possibly upgrade to 9.6 as a test and disconnect from the network as a test, then roll back.
In any case, it actually sounds network related, given that you're connecting via a switch. If it's a managed switch, log on and check port errors and the event logs (make sure nothing is going into "spanning-tree blocking" mode etc).

As @Nick Halbert-Lillyman also replied, you could ask the local IT department for permission to upgrade this as a test, then revert to the old software load if it doesn't fix the issue.  It's a fairly simple process via the API or the web interface to switch from the new one back to the old one following the testing.

Wayne

mpanse
Level 1
Level 1

After testing multiple combinations of FW as well as connection, following solution worked.

FW - Same as previous, 9.3.3

Camera 1 and Camera 2 - Connected to LAN 2 and 3.

Touch 10 - Connected to client network. It required a factory reset for the touch 10 to reconfigure the codec IP.

Camera's are now working when connected to on-board ports of codec.