Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Precision HD Camera 12x Malfunction

I have a Precision HD 12x camera connected to a C40 that is not working properly. The codec and camera have been in use for some time but recently the room where the unit is located was renovated. After the renovation the camera is now powered by an external supply and the control cable is connected to one extender.  Also the C40 was upgraded to TC5.x with its included camera firmware ( S01718-4.0 FINAL [ID:50075] 2012-01-25) , since then on a regular basis the camera will not autofocus and at times it will not respond at all to ptz operations from the remote.  The only way to get it working again is to unplug the power supply and plug it back in. I suspect the problem lies with the camera upgrade but im not sure.  Has anyone experienced this?                   

5 Replies 5

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi William,

My name is Mubashshir and I am from the Telepresence Support Team. Have you checked the focus settings? Are you able to control the camera using the Codec? Check by replacing the camera control cable or try using the API to focus the camera and update.

If you feel that the issue is with the upgrade, you can refer to the below document to upgrade the camera manually :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24522

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

remove extender and connect camera control cable directly...

//Saurabh

Amlesh Sengar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi William,

Try connecting the camera directly to codec with standard camera control cable and reboot the codec and then check if you are able to control the camera and focus works fine.

Are you using the standard extention kit shipped from cisco or it is custom made extender?

When the PTZ does not work, does the camera has power?

Thanks,

Amlesh

Hi William,

As suggested by Saurabh and Amlesh, please follow the steps mentioned and upgrade the camera manually if required. Just a heads up that the document I posted in the above link has been deleted by me since its already there on the Cisco website, you can refer to the document on the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/application_note/precisionhd_12x_ethernet_upgrade_application_note.pdf

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks for all of the replies!  I will try connecting the camera control cable to the codec without the extender.  To answer some of your questions, I am using the standard extension kit, when the camera loses focus it is still powered and I can control the camera through the web interface camera control page.  I do have a question about the manual update, is there a newer version of the software that I should be using or will performing the update with the same software in itself possibly solve the problem?