Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence with VCS and Findme

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi!

What is the reason why the VCS running findme also has to run the presence server.

With the combination that there shall be only one presence server for a specific domain

and the need that a domain has to be added on the presence server, authentication, ...

this does not fit on some deployments I have seen.

Is there any known workaround? I would like to have a dedicated presence server,

possibly handling multiple domains, just doing presence and then possibly other VCS

running findme (different findme clusters, as this is also possible with TMSPE).

And possibly as well VCS with Lync integration (which also have the requirement to run

the presence server on it).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Martin,

FindMe and presence server needs to reside on the same VCS since this is currently the only way the presence server will be able to aggregate the presence for devices which are tied to a FindMe account.

Andreas

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Martin,

FindMe and presence server needs to reside on the same VCS since this is currently the only way the presence server will be able to aggregate the presence for devices which are tied to a FindMe account.

Andreas

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hallo Andreas,

thx for the quick response!

It seems to be the right answer and I saw it coming, but obviously its not what I wanted to hear :-(

Is there any way to get multiple presence servers for the same domain on different non clustered VCS to

talk to each other / synchrozine presence?

Or is the only way a feature request?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Not currently possible.

With our current solution, the authoritativeness of a presence server for a given SIP domain can not extend outside the boundaries of a VCS cluster, and a feature request would therefore be the way to go.

- Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: