Views
Helpful
Replies

Presentation channel in a multipoint call

maciej_wilk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Have you noticed that while in a multisite call using an MCU, when someone shares a presentation, the presentation has a large black frame around it when other particpants view it? In other words it is not full screen. In my understanding there is no way of changing it as the sent resolution is picked by the MCU, or am I wrong?

Kind regards

Maciek

11 Replies 11

Andrew Vasel
Level 1
Level 1

What type of endpoints are involved? If I remember correctly, the presentation would distort when I would add an E20 to the mix of endpoints connected through an MCU.

The conference involves Movi clients and C20s.

Is the C20 or the Movi client sharing the content?

The C20 is sharing the content and the Movi client in the multisite call chooses its own layout with the FECC to be that of the full screen presentation.

MCU has options to set its Layout. e.g. last speaker FULL SCREEN"

Manish

The MCUs layout is set to be a full screen presentation - but instead the presentation has large black frames around.

What is the resolution of the presentation?

epicolo
Level 3
Level 3

You need to confirm the resolution sent on C20, the protocol (SIP BFCP or H323 H.239), if the MCU is using the content channel (dual stream) and if Movi is receiving the dual stream at which resolution.

Movi use SIP and some MCU version use content inside the conference (another window) when using SIP.

You can also check the paramaters if prefer 4:3 or 16:9 layout for presentantions.

Regards

Elter,

I think this is the case. When the conference is set up using H323 from the MCU, lets say to two H323/SIP endpoints like a C20 and a SIP endpoint like Movi (doing translation on the VCS) the content channel is sent separately. So for example I'm sharing a presentation from Movi with the resolution of 1280x720 and it is being received in the content channel on a C20 with the resolution of 1024x768. You can choose between four different layouts on the C20 (there is no real full screen mode by the way).

But if I enforce the conference to be set up with SIP only, the content channel is, like you said, a window in the conference with large black frames around. It's like the MCU does not support BFCP. Is it software version dependant or is it an MCU platform thing?

Kind regards

Maciek

Hi Maciek,

read the page 9 of Release Notes, there are some increments in content for SIP protocol in latest Rls 4.2(1.46):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/mcu/release_note/d1478611_cisco_telepresence_mcu_4-2_1-46_maintenance_release_notes.pdf

If you need more details about the content behaviour on a MCU, read the section "Content channel video support" of this document:

http://www.tandberg.com/support/dl.php?id=1471&dir=User_Manuals&fn=Cisco_TelePresence_MCU_Version_4_2_Printed_Online_Help.pdf

Take a look at the resolutions too. 1024x768 is 4:3 and 1280x720 is 16:9. Check if thos protocol are negotiated by codecs and also check the aspect ratio of your conference.

I hope it help.

Regards

Thanks for the documents Elter.

I have read them earlier and done the upgrade. It seems that the new software version supports BFCP in the direction MCU -> SIP endpoint.

Also changing the conference template Content settings to H264 and Allow all resolutions seems to have resolved the issue with the frames around the presentation. But I need to do some more testing.

Kind regards

MAciek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: