cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presentation issue on EDGE 95 MXP

Steve Deslandes
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that has an MXP EDGE 95 system and complains that he is having alot of issues with his laptops doing PC presentations. Some of his laptops work ok, others don't. He reported the following laptops as NOT working:

HP 8740w

HP 2560p

HP 2550

HP 8560p

Dell Precision M6700

HP 6730b

He had no issues with the following laptops:

Dell Latitude E6530

Dell Latitude D630

What is weird is that if he uses a 50 feet DVI to VGA cable for his problem laptops, it works! it doesn't work with the original 15 feet cable. The cable was replaced so we know its not a cable issue. The codec was also replaced at some point. The 50 feet DVI to VGA cable was a solution that Cisco came up with but the customer says it makes no sense....

Anybody have any ideas how I could get this customer off my back? I am certain it's a laptop setting or driver causing the problem but my customer just won't have it.

Thanks for your help everyone :-)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We've seen similar issues in the past with some laptops when using DVI to VGA cables, replaced the cables with VGA to VGA cables and used a DVI to VGA adaptor on the codec itself fixed it. (We also forced "VGA Out Quality to XGA")

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Which PC resolutions have you tried to use?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

We used standard 1024X768 resolution

We've seen similar issues in the past with some laptops when using DVI to VGA cables, replaced the cables with VGA to VGA cables and used a DVI to VGA adaptor on the codec itself fixed it. (We also forced "VGA Out Quality to XGA")

/jens

Check the refresh rate that you're sending as well as the resolution.  See the Video Inputs section on the Data Sheet that shows the following as supported inputs:

800 x 600 (at 60, 72, 75, and 85 Hz)

1024 x  768 (at 60, 70, and 75 Hz)

1280 x 720 (HD720P; at 50 and 60 Hz)

1280 x  1024 (at 60 Hz)

1280 x 768, 1280x800, 1360x768, and 1366x768 (at  60 Hz)

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: