cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presentation issues color not adjusted

Joan.barnish1
Level 1
Level 1

When presenting to the VCU endpoint through a laptop the color is not white as background even though neutral is selected in the settings. the color is correct when connecting to conference it is only when presentation is selected. I have matched all settings to another unit and determined the only thing that is different is under System Information the DVI says FALSE.. and it should say TRUE. I suspect this is the issue but don't know where to correct it. Please advise.

9 Replies 9

Hi Joan,

1. Are you using the same cable  during local conference presentation and videoconference presentation?

2. Are you using a video switcher to switch between local conference presentation and VC presentation? 

Try to isolate the problem by using other presentation cable and directly connect your laptop to the videoconference unit.

This kind of problem usually caused by bad cables and connectors.

Regards,

Acevirgil

1. Yes same cable

2. No switcher involved. We press the presentation button on the pad

3. The laptop is connected directly into the VCU with the cable that came with the unit. We have tested with two laptops. Rebooted and restarted to factory defaults

What is the model of your VCU and firmware version?

Are you using this VCU's display for local presentation with no problem?

During videoconference with presentation the problem occurs am i right?

Regards,

Acevirgil

Sorry, I was in a meeting. The model is; Cisco TelePresence MX300 55 - PHD 1080p 4x Touch UI Mic

Not sure of firmware.

the problem was is VCU display for local presentation..

We did not test during a video conference

I think this is the software;

55 Floor Stand Option

included

included

included

included

included

SW-S52000-TC5.XK9

Software 5.x Encryption

We are going to test during a video conference. We had to reset the IP address because we unplugged it yesterday and I'm waiting for IT to reset. j

Thank you. We probably won't be able to test until Monday. So I'll jump back on the conversation then if we still have issues. Joan

Hi Joan,

Open the back cover of the unit and check the presentation cable if connected properly in the codec. 

Assuming your MX300 is 1st Generation the presentation cable is different when it comes to audio connector going to the codec. The audio connector is RCA (Red&Black).

For MX300 Gen2 the the presentation cable for audio is 3.5mm stereo.

The connector for sending video signal is the same (DVI-VGA).

Try to use other DVI-VGA cable to check if the cable is faulty.

Regards,

Acevirgil

To get a new cable ... to come out of the unit. What exactly would be that cable with the pin connector and audio connector. the audio was fine during the presentation, only the color was off.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: