cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presentation issues

Rod.Blackie
Level 1
Level 1

Site A has VCS infrastructure (c+e) and site B has the same vc infrastructure. There is a VPN between site A and B.

If I create a zone for site a and b internal VCS systems and route all calls via the zone & VPN all VC calls works fine except presentations. When site a tries to present to site b, site b gets a black screen. When site b presents to site a it works as expected.

When I remote the search rules that pass calls from site a to b via the VPN & internal zone, calls to site b now go via site a vcs-e and the internet. presentations now appear on site b.

any suggestions on what could be causing site a presentaitons to fail when zones are configured? I was thinking it could be my firewall and will inspect the rules closer tommorow morning.

Any help in the meantime would be great.

Thanks

Rod

4 Replies 4

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Rod,

Which model of endpoints do you have? Because some Cisco endpoints requires additional ports to share presentation when using SIP with BFCP, the MXP family is an example. For BFCP to work with those endpoints, you should have the following additional ports opened:

BFCP - Port Range 5070-5080 TCP/UDP

Can you try to make a call only by using H323 with no SIP interworking in the whole path of the call? If the presentation using H323 works fine, but using SIP does not, so you probably need to open additional ports for BFCP support.

If the ports are properly opened for all protocols, I would suggest you to check for any existent bug or known limitation related to your VCS's and endpoints according to the version they are running. It is a good ideia to have all the telepresence devices running the latest software version as well.

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo

Thanks, thats useful informaiton. The endpoints in questions were site a c20 and site b a MXP 95. I forgot to mention that when I called from site a to site b through the zone vpn configuraiton to a MOVI endpoint the presentaiton worked OK. The problems only existed for site a to b calls with site a presenting via the zone / vpn configuraiton.

I will do more investigaiton and report back.

Thanks again.

Rod

Hi Rod,

Jabber for Telepresence (Movi) does not use a specific por range to share presentation with BFCP, but MXP family does. So please, double check to see if the ports listed above are properly opened.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

So Happy to inform you that I was stuck with B2B call from Video Endpoint to (both MX300 and SX 10) webex cloud
This info shed some light on the same and I am able to fix it
Thanx Pauo!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: