Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem between C40 and Panasonic camera AW-HE50HE

Arbenjamin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We have found a problem between C40 and Panasonic camera AW-HE50HE with HDMI connection.

The Panasonic camera is configured with 720p output, and it can display to a LCD monitor.

However, we connected the C40 and Panasonic camera AW-HE50HE with HDMI connection, the C40 show the black screen.

The C40 codec is confirmed as well function, and its specification stated support,

1280 x 720@60, 59.94 Hz (720p60)

1280 x 720@50 Hz (720p50)

Anyone can provide some support to me, Thank you,

Ben Lai

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you telnet to the codec with the camera connected and check if the codec is receiving any video signal from the camera and what is the resolution detected.

Teck Chye

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you telnet to the codec with the camera connected and check if the codec is receiving any video signal from the camera and what is the resolution detected.

Teck Chye

Dear Tang,

Hi, I am Ben from Vega Technolgy. It is happy to see your kindly support on this issue, as we have spent a lot of time on this issue.

I have telnet to the codec and using the "xstatus" commands,

*s Video Input Source 1 Resolution Height: 720

*s Video Input Source 1 Resolution Width: 1280

*s Video Input Source 1 Resolution RefreshRate: 48

This is resoultion detected from the Video Input source 1 , right?

Thank a lot

Ben Lai

Hi,

yes, it is detected as 720p48Hz....can you make the camera output at 60Hz.  Else, I am afraid the codec might not accept a 48Hz input.

Dear Tang,

Yes, we going to change the camera output as well.

Thank a lot and have a nice day.

Ben Lai

Hi Ben Lai,

I am experiencing the same issue witht he same camera and codec.

Did you find how changing the output of the Camerao to set it to 50 or 60Hz instead of 48Hz detected by the codec?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Gabriel and others,

You can change the powerline frequency on the Codec to be less than 60 i.e 50Hz and check but you wont be able to use 48Hz camera as suggested by Teck Chye. To change the powerline frequency on the camera, you can input the following command :

xConfiguration Cameras PowerLine Frequency:

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Gabriel,

It is impossible to change the output of camera to be 50/60 Hz , even we have contact with the vendor of the camera. As a result, we have added an external video process to fixed this problem.

Best regards,

Ben

Hi,

I test the Powerlin frequency command without success. it appears that it is a "misunderstood" of the frame rate between the two devices (camera and codec), and at least, need an external video process in between.

Ben, is it possible to tell me which kind of external video process you use, in order to have an idea what kind of equipment that could resolved.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Gab

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: