cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem to use "factory-reset" in Cisco VCS!!!

I'm having trouble with a VCS equipment to achieve formats it, when I use the command "factory reset" it shows me an error with serial number and release key as you can see in the attached image.
In addition to the above problem, it does not allow access to console with administrator user interface only with root, and also does not have to log in via browser (white screen).
Has anyone had a similar experience, or have any information that may help to be able to format the equipment to see if return to normal operation?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When logged in as root you can manually enter the release key in to the system.

Use the following command:

echo 1234567890123456 > /tandberg/etc/rk

where 1234567890123456 is your 16 digit release key

Following that, reboot the VCS.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Was anything changed on the VCS before this started happening?

I'd suggest you contact TAC, from what you say the VCS can't be accessed and obviously a factory reset is failing to resolve any of the issues. 

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When logged in as root you can manually enter the release key in to the system.

Use the following command:

echo 1234567890123456 > /tandberg/etc/rk

where 1234567890123456 is your 16 digit release key

Following that, reboot the VCS.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.