cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with connecting Precision 60 Camera to Webex Codec Pro

BehVoss1368
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Webex Codec Pro would recognise the connected Precision 60 camera, but not correctly. It means in a video conference the camera works, but in admin.webex.com panel - where you see the list of all cisco devices in network - there's no name of the Precision 60 camera. By adding a new device you'd get a number code and a barcode, but there's no opportunity to enter the codes somewhere, since there's no chance to go to camera setting by Cisco Touch device.
There is an error message in Cisco Touch > Setting > Issues and diagnostics : Presenter Track not available

Which is a sign that the camera is not recognised correctly by the device.

PS: All the cables (network and HDMI) are connected according to the installation guide.

Any help would be really appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The camera becomes part of the system the endpoint it is connected to - it won't show as a separate device.

Have you configured Presenter Track correctly on the Codec Pro?   See the "Set up the PresenterTrack feature" section in the Admin Guide (pgs 71 - 74).

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello! 

I am having the same issue on site at a Naval base. We purchased a new Webex Pro to work with and existing AV system. We do not need speaker tracking, but our AV system needs to control control the camera. 

Our camera is connected to codec via switch, as we are sharing one camera for two codecs due to classification. Do we need link the camera to new codec? Help desk support has said they have done that. Please advise?

AJAnderson7373
Level 1
Level 1

Disregard...all is well now! somehow, a system reset brought things back online. cheers

So...This system is BACK offline again. I am currently logged into device, tells me it sees the camera, but it is not connected. Only troubleshooting it says is to make sure control cable is connected, which it is. Please advise?...again? Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: