Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with CTMS

I've just moved a CTMS server (that was working perfectly) from one CUCM cluster to another.  I changed the IP, NTP and CUCM settings on the CTMS, left everything else the same.

The CUCM cluster had working CTS endpoints on it already but no CTMS.

I configured the SIP trunk and route pattern as per the CTMS configuraiton guide.

When I dial a static meeting ID from a CTS endpoint to the CTMS, it rings but doesn't pick up.  If I turn off the CTMS and try again, it doesn't ring - this indicates to me that the call is at least getting as far as the CTMS.  As the CTMS was working fine on the other cluster, I imagine there's something wrong with CUCM - any ideas?

Versions:

CUCM: 7.1.5 (both clusters)

CTMS: 1.7

CTS: 1.7

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Nick,

Hope you are fine,

Questions:

Are you using security in CTMS?

in CUCM the Route pattern match exactly what is configured in CTMS?

Example staticnumber 1000

in CUCM you have 1XXX pointing to CTMS SIP trunk

not like a 1000 pointing to an unregister phone or any bad routing.

Make sure FAC is disabled in Route pattern,

SIP Trunk uses right protocol ?

Example: Make sure UDP or TCP in CTMS match what you have configured  in CUCM SIP Trunk Profile ?

Reset SIP Trunk and Route List (if used)

Any firewall that needs to be opened?

Check CTS Sysop log

Check CTMS System messages, and ctms sysop/sip log, this will tell you if in fact call is arriving to CTMS or not.

CUCM detailed trace is helpful too.

If you upload both I can take a look.

HTH

marrachart
Level 1
Level 1

Perhaps somethin to do with the application user?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

If non-secure, APP user is not related to CTMS/CUCM call routing.

if using security between CUCM and CTMS. CAPF user/app user configuration is used/may need to be checked.

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nick,

Change the transport type from UDP to TCP on both CUCM and CTMS and it will fix your issue.

Cheers

Arun

Arun helped me with this last week  - as he said, I changed the SIP trunk and CTMS transport type to UDP and it worked.  Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: