cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Problem with distributing phonebook from TMS to Jabber Video

Hi there,

I've recently got a problem with configuring phonebooks for Jabber Video clients. Looked through some topics that seemed related but found them a bit different.

In brief: TMS 13.2 with configured Provisioning Extension and FindMe disabled, VCS Expressway 7.2, Cisco Jabber video clients v4.5.

Steps performed:

1. A new user was created (inside Provisioning > Users) with Video_Address_Pattern={username}@domain.com and Device_Address_Pattern=

{username}.{device.model}@domain.com

2. This user automatically got to the Provisioning phonebook (which already had some other contacts inside)

3. I logged in the Jabber Video client with the new account, but cannot find any users via the Search field inside the client (TMS shows the usage of provisioned licenses).

It's easy to manually assign phonebook to a device using "Set on systems" function. But what should I do to get its entries in Jabber Video Client?

Thanks beforehand!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Alex

In the phonebooks menagement if you click on a phonebook there is an access control tab there which you use to assign access to the phonebooks for the users.

Then you need to make sure you provisioning the phonebook server URI in the configuration template to the user as phonebook@sipdomain.com .

Then make sure the TMS and the VCS is synched, you should now be able to search the phonebooks if everything is correct.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Alex

In the phonebooks menagement if you click on a phonebook there is an access control tab there which you use to assign access to the phonebooks for the users.

Then you need to make sure you provisioning the phonebook server URI in the configuration template to the user as phonebook@sipdomain.com .

Then make sure the TMS and the VCS is synched, you should now be able to search the phonebooks if everything is correct.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Many thanks, Magnus! This worked

Actually I used another Phonebook server URI, which was found in the TMS Administration guide (http://tms_ip_address/tms/public/external/phonebook/phonebookservice.asmx) and forgot to change it during deployment of Provisioning Extension.

Highlighted

E.g. there is an account "j.smith" with FullName = "John Smith". When logged in I have "j.smith@domain.com" as video address (for FindMe, I suppose. useless in this case) and "j.smith.movi@domain.com" as a device address (this is used for calling to). When I login to Jabber Video client with my own account (same user group) and begin to enter into the Search string a letter J and further, there is no variants suggested.

P.S. Full synchronisation was performed on VCS and I'm able to see phonebook entries there, but none in Jabber Video client.

Highlighted

Hi

Did you enable access towards the users so thay can access the phonebooks as I mentioned above?

/Magnus

Highlighted

I've read your reply only after posting my comment. Thanks.

Content for Community-Ad