Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with inbound calls with unknown call number

Il Kwon Jang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have problem with inbound calls with unknown call numbers and the customer is suffering from a ringing sound.

How can i reject with unknown call numbers.

The customer site network design is as below

EX90-----VCS--F/W--VCSE---Internet

Can anyone give some suggestions for me please?

Many Thanks

4 Replies 4

Paul Woelfel
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, you could use CPL to block calls. If you look at the call history, which source aliases do you see?

Regards, Paul

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

on CPL script  add somthing like this:

"0(\d.*)" should be your internal dial plan number. you can open a TAC case for customized script that suits your setup.

regards, Ahmad

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the endpoint has number 100, 101, 1000 or something similar round I would simply think about changing the address first.

Anyhow I would check what calls cause this to better block the problem.

If the endpoint is on a public ip or some static Nat is setup it can also be that the unwanted calls go directly to the endpoint.
Blocking sip udp can be helpful in such cases (or remove the direct reach ability of the system if its registered to a vcsc)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

adimchev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Il Kwon,

I am not really sure if blocking all the inbound calls from “unknown” numbers is good idea, it defeats the whole purpose of being available for someone who would like to call you from outside.

There should be a source alias and as Paul pointed out may be you should block only those,

Another way is define (via CPL) source aliases allowed to go through the VCS expressway and deny everything else or alternatively deny all the traffic on the perimeter firewall with source of the intruder.

Regards//Andrey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: