cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with presentation in Jabber video running Windows 8.

Visualcom23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We got a question from customer who experience a problem with their Jabber clients.

So I now wonder if this is a known bug and if so if there exists any solution to the problem?

The problem is that when they use Jabber 4.4.3 and 4.5.7 on computers running Windows 8 with Office 2013 and they try to show a presentation the pictrue shown to the far end is white, on the computer the word window for example starts to blink in white.

They have tested the folowing:

Office 2013 (Tested on 4 computers, 3 running win8, one running win7, same symptoms on all of them)

Word

Presenter: the image blinks between ordinary window and a white square. There's a text in the middle of the screen that says "searching for online template".

Reciever: White square with the text "searching for online template", no blinking. The reciever sees the cursor from the presenter.

Outlook

Presenter: Blinking between ordinary window and white square, no text.

Reciever: Sees a mail with a white frame and the text is as if 2 coppies of the same mail was projected on top of each other but a bit off each other.

Excel

Presenter: Blinking between ordinary window and white square, no text.

Reciever: Sees some of the rows, white otherwise.

None Office

Internet Explorer

Looks normal for both reciever and presenter.

PDF

Entire screen

Thanks in advance.

11 Replies 11

aostense
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Olof,

Could you try the same with Jabber Video for Telepresence 4.5 and see if you get the same experience in that version?

We have some related bugfixes in 4.5.

Let me know the outcome.

Thanks,

Arne

Hello Arne,

Yes, my colleuge sen't the customer the latest version, but it didn't help.

Thank you for the tip though.

/Olof

Hi Olof,

Thanks for the test. Could you describe the scenario in more details? Does it immediately start to blink white? Or after a while? Does e.g. Full screen work? Problems with any other apps/MS Office 2013 apps?

Workaround (if a bug) would be to share "Entire screen". Does this work?

If you still have problems, please open a ticket with Cisco TAC so that we can create a bug on this and track it.

Thanks,

Arne

And is it a local installed 2013 or some citrix, remote desktop, ... session?

If you open a case (which you can do from here as well be escalating this thread as a service request),

please let us know at the end what the exact cause was and if/how you solved it.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I got a more detalied description from the customer now whit some info that they didn't mention before.

See first post for details.

I've just recieved an answer from Cisco TAC.

It is a problem with Office2013. The development team is looking for a solution.

The details are listed in Bug number CSCue70256.

So for the time being, if anyone encounters this they need to install an older version of Office, or wait for the next upgrade of Jabber Video.

/Olof

Visualcom23
Level 1
Level 1

I've just recieved an answer from Cisco TAC.

It is a problem with Office2013. The development team is looking for a solution.

The details are listed in Bug number CSCue70256.

So for the time being, if anyone encounters this they need to install an older version of Office, or wait for the next upgrade of Jabber Video.

/Olof

Thanks for the feedback, Olof.

I will monitor this bug, and try to push for a fix.

Br,

Arne

Hi Arne!

CSCue70256 does not list 4.6, is it just not added or should it be solved?

Hi Martin,

In 4.7 we will try to fix the CSCtu71670 bug instead, which will change the presentation sharing API in Jabber for TP (Movi), so that other programs than Office 2013 would also will be fixed, hopefully.

We can assume the 4.7 version will be released late autumn 2013.

Thanks,

Arne

Hi Arne!

ok.

btw, do you know if there is a bug with cameras and specific resolutions and bandwidth settings?

got two cases during one week from different customers using different devices which had issues

with 768 kbit, Symptom: without a call, selfview shows nice, call gets connected, no selfview and

remote site sees black. If setting 512 or 1500 the call (and selfview in the call) work fine.

A system I remember was a macbook with windows under bootcamp, but also some generic windows

+ integrated webcam system was affected. JV4.6 and tested to downgrade to 4.4 but same symptoms.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: