Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with T3 "codec center is not responding"

Hello,

We have a problem with our T3 since friday. We had an electric cut and now we have an error message :"codec center is not responding", TCU doesn't reach the codecs.
"Verify that the right codec is reachable over IP from the TCU. Verify that the codec is configured correctly in the TCU device configuration."
We can successfully connect to codecs.
On TCU, the informations E164 Alias, H323 ID and gatekeeper are empty and when we put in the information it is not backed up.

Thanks for your help.
Best.
Valérie
6 Replies 6

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Valérie,

Verify NTP server is configured on the Center Codec.

Verify the Version of the TCU and the C90 Codec are compatible - if the TCU is version 4.2.1, then the codec should be TC6.0.0 or 6.0.1 or I believe TC 6.0.3.

Then run through the installation wizard again, start to finish - put in the admin account and password and test the connection to the center codec (and the left/right codecs as well) from the wizard - verify you get a green successful test.  Once finished with the Wizard it will restart the TCU.  Post if that doesn't resolve the issue.  From that point a log review would be necessary I believe.

-Jonathan

Thanks for your quick reply.

The ntp server was wrong. I put the right one but I still have the error.

I modified the password from the connection to codec and now it's working.

Thank you very much.

Valérie

Hi

I have a new problem now with the audio. "DNAM was not set up correctly"
Have you ever seen this error?

Thanks.
Regards.

Is this issue cosmetic, where the audio works correctly but still throws an error or is there an impact to the audio?  Cosmetic DNAM issues are an issue we see.

The DNAM configuration and how the System checks for DNAM issues is controlled by the Center Codec - run the following command from the center Codec CLI and check that the output is similar and there is no missing information:

xstatus audio module
*s Audio Module 1 Type: DigitalNAM
*s Audio Module 1 SoftwareID: "114"
*s Audio Module 1 HardwareID: "B40F69"
*s Audio Module 1 Connector: "Line_out.1"
*s Audio Module 2 Type: DigitalNAM
*s Audio Module 2 SoftwareID: "114"
*s Audio Module 2 HardwareID: "B40F4B"
*s Audio Module 2 Connector: "Line_out.3"
*s Audio Module 3 Type: DigitalNAM
*s Audio Module 3 SoftwareID: "114"
*s Audio Module 3 HardwareID: "B40F78"
*s Audio Module 3 Connector: "Line_out.3"

-Jonathan

It isn't cosmectic.

We hear no sound.

Here is the output of the xstatus command from the CLI of the center codec:

xstatus audio module
*s Audio Module 1 Type: Unknown
*s Audio Module 1 SoftwareID: ""
*s Audio Module 1 HardwareID: ""
*s Audio Module 1 Connector: ""
*s Audio Module 2 Type: Unknown
*s Audio Module 2 SoftwareID: ""
*s Audio Module 2 HardwareID: ""
*s Audio Module 2 Connector: ""
*s Audio Module 3 Type: Unknown
*s Audio Module 3 SoftwareID: ""
*s Audio Module 3 HardwareID: ""
*s Audio Module 3 Connector: ""
** end

OK

We verified all cables connections.

Thanks.
Valérie

Hi Valérie,

I would advise reviewing the following guide for some DNAM background - the first thing I would do is a power cycle of the center codec and run that CLI command again to verify if it picks up the DNAM information again

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-system-t3/116531-technote-product-00.html

Failing that, the tail end of the guide has the full DNAM/Codec reset walk through to test the DNAMs and restart everything which I would advise running through.

-Jonathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: