cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems installing google play on DX80

Martin Torrez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DX80 with Android 4.1.1 and the option of unknown sources is blocked, preventing you from installing any app

How can I enable this option?

Thanks.

Martin Torrez

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The ability to install apps from unknown sources is something that can be configured in the CUCM by the System Administrator - it's one of the Phone Hardening options available.  (See Page 87 of the Cisco DX Series Administrator Guide).

If you're not the System Admin, you'll need to talk to whoever is.  If you are the CUCM System Admin, then you need to correct your device settings.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Anyway to reset to enable unknown source without CUCM ?

A DX80 running android code only works with CUCM, not standalone or VCS or Webex registered. If you have one that is registered to CUCM anything you might change on it (if you had the admin password) will get changed back by CUCM anyway, so it won't do you much good. 

I like to install Google Hangouts Meet or Skype for business what I need to do  ? Install CE ?

No, you can only install apps if you're running the older android software, and they are no longer supported going forward. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/desktop-collaboration-experience-dx600-series/bulletin-c25-738941.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: