Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems setup SIP trunk between CUCM 9.0.1 and VCS-C X7.2

megafonmsk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Can you please help me - I try to interop VCS-C and CUCM following Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_6-1_7_8_and_X7-0.pdf but it not works in both ways. When I try to locate CUCM nomber (77xxxx) on VCS-C, it transforms to 77xxxx@<CUCM_IP> and placec to CUCM zone, but it returns Service Unavailable...
Trunk is on TCP, CUCM zone on VCS-C is up.
Calls from CUCM to VCS-C fails too, I do not even see any call attempts in VCS-C log..

2 Replies 2

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you making a call from SIP UA that registered on VCS?

If so, SIP UA will initiate with local SIP domain so you will need to create search rule for call from VCS to CUCM like follow.

Search rule for VCS->CUCM

======================================

Pattern type: Regex

Pattern string: 77.*@

Pattern behavior: Replace

Replace string: 77\1@

For call from CUCM to VCS, CUCM will send URL with xxx@cucmipaddress:5060 format.

This should replace to xxx@vcs-sip-domain by using transform making easier for managing search rule for local registered endpoint match up.

Transform for CUCM->VCS

Pattern type: Regex

Pattern string: .*@.*

Pattern behavior: Replace

Replace string: \1@

BTW, you have Route Patterns configuration on CUCM for routing the specific call to VCS, correct?

Hello, Tomonori!

As I described above, there is a search rule on VCS-C that transforms 77xxxx@vcs-sip-domain to 77xxxx@cucmip and places a call to CUCM zone

Also there is a transform on VCS-C to convert xxx@cucmipaddress:5060 to xxx@vcs-sip-domain

There is a route pattern on CUCM to route 97XXXX to SIP trunk to VCS-C