cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Profile 52 and VGA input issues?

Gggundersdorf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I am troubleshooting an issue in which individuals using Windows XP laptops cannot present/ mirror their laptop display on a Profile.  Users with  Windows 7 have no issues though.  In addition, the individuals using XP can conncet to any projector or display without issue.  Is there a setting that I ma missing?   Thanks in advance. 

3 Replies 3

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

HI Geoffery,

what i understand is you are trying to extend your laptop display to the profile unit.

I have couple of questions for you.

Is that a single screen or a Dual screen profile unit.

which codec are you using ?

You have teh laptop VGA out going to theDVI input of the codec.

if you check the display properties do you find you laptop detecting the profile unit as the secondary monitor?

IF yes what happens if you press the presentation button on the remote.

what is the software running on the profile unit.

please provide me the details so that we can have a better picture of the issue.

Regards,

Ravi

Hi Ravi,

Yes - I am trying to extend laptop to display on the profile unit.  It works with Windows 7 laptops but not XP.

Single screen profile

C40 Codec

No presentation option comes up when we use a a XP laptop.  It works with Windows 7. 

Software version: TC4.2.1.265253

(I see there is new software available.  I will update and see if that helps).

Thank you,

Hi Geoff,

so what i understand is you have the same setup (same presentation cable )and when you use a Win7 laptop it works fine,

however as soon as you connect a Laptop with win XP on it does not work.

so ,

Does this happens with every machine with Win xp on it or just one laptop.

Does your XP laptop detects the codec as 2nd monitor, check in the display properties.

just check your laptop os loaded with the latest graphics drivers.

Moving on to a Upgraded version is a good idea and i would recomment as well however, it sould be working on this version as well as i am using the same setup.

let me know the findings.

Regards,

Ravi