Views
Helpful
Replies

Profile 52 (C40) with DualDisplay - Presentation question

draach-85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

currently we have a Profile 52 (C40) single screen installation in our conference room. Now we think about ordering the DualDisplay option and using our beamer as the secondary screen for presentation only. Because of the existing cabling we maybe would have the cables like this:

laptop  ->  dvi-to-vga  ->  C40  ->  dvi  ->  beamer

So I'd like to have no direct cabling between laptop and beamer. Does a user in this szenario have to initiate the presentation from the touch every time, even if the telepresence system wouldn't be in use? For example if five employees are in the meeting room and somebody wants to show a presentation? In think on the EX-Devices, the "presentation"-signal always is active because you can use it as an desktop. Is something like this possible for the C40 codec?

Regards,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Daniel,

Ex systems are more like personal systems which reside on the desk or workstations. Hence privacy is not an issue with them.

However, C series codecs are integrators and mostly used in meeting rooms and they require privacy. For that reason, they are required to activate presentation even if the endpoint is not in a call. Hence, you will need to activate the presentation to see it on the second display.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Daniel,

Ex systems are more like personal systems which reside on the desk or workstations. Hence privacy is not an issue with them.

However, C series codecs are integrators and mostly used in meeting rooms and they require privacy. For that reason, they are required to activate presentation even if the endpoint is not in a call. Hence, you will need to activate the presentation to see it on the second display.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

is there no way to change the settings on the c40? I just noticed that there is an option called "SystemUnit Type " in TC5.1 but the admin guide only says:

- Personal: Set to Personal when the system is for personal use.

- Shared: Set to Shared when the system is used in a multiuser environment.

What are the differences between this settings? Maybe this could be a solution for my problem? I am sorry, but I couldn't check it at the moment. Maybe somebody of you knows it, otherwise I am going to check it and post the result.

Regards,

Daniel

I dont think this is in reference to what you're trying to accomplish. I tried to change the system type on my Ex90 and the presentation did not change. Let me try to change this for a C series endpoint and check if that changes anything. I will try that in my lab and get back to you.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

I just had the chance to test it with our system. But the SystemUnit Type settings didn't change the behaviour with the presentation. I can't find anything which is affected by this settings... So i think I have to change the current cabling if there are no other possibilities.

Okk...Thanks for doing that...I have a doubt, please tell me why you're trying to use the C40 in between. I believe as per your description the beamer has a DVI port. Why dont you connect your laptop directly with the beamer using the VGA to DVI cable? As you have also mentioned :

no direct cabling between laptop and beamer

I would suggest doing that as it would solve your problem. However, yes if you're using C40 to be presented on the beamer too, then you might not want to implement that.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

I'd like to have it as simple as possible for the users. I just wanted to have one VGA cable on the table for both, presentation in video conferences and presentation directly with the beamer without using the telepresence-system.

Also the beamer has only one dvi input (and two vga) and if i could solve it through the codec I could use the current cabling. So I think i have to think about using two diffent cables and connect one directly to the beamer or using a dvi switch.

Regards,

Daniel

Yes, that would be a good option for your case.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: