Views
Helpful
Replies

Profile Series Video Issue

bobby.jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I having a Profile 65, with the main screen connected to DVI output. During intial boot i was not able to see menu on the monitor,hence i run the key sequence from remote control and was able to see the menu on the screen, After i enter the IP address for the codec and set the protocols(H323&SIP)

and made a restart. On booting i could see the cisco logo on the sreen, after that the screen going blank. When i change the video resolution(1920X1080@50)from WebGui the screen display comes back. The default was 1024X768@60.

What i noticed whenever i make a restart for codec, the previous settings are not getting saved? Any clue?

Thanks

Bobby

6 Replies 6

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Bobby,

What is the version running on the codec.

i am assuming if its running on TC4.2.1 , please go ahead and upgrade it to the latest i.e TC 5.1.0 f you have the release keys ) else at least to TC 4.2.2.

if that is not the scenario please provide few more details so that i can understand it better.

Regards,

Ravi

Thanks Ravi,

Version is .4.2.2

The point is, For the first time while configuring the monitor will go blank, because the monitor is connected to DVI(Second monitor) on codec. So must run the shortcut or key sequence on the remote control, * # * #  0 2 #. to move the OSD.

Once we get the display on the monitor, thru menu i could configure the IP, Protocol,etc.

Once finish the configuration and restart the codec, again the monitor goes standby(a green led on monitor).

What i noticed is only my Video settings are not getting saved?

Do i miss something on video settings?

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

Have you tried setting OSD, using Advance configuration->OSD-> then value to 2 and save it.

After this reboot and let me know reasult.

Regards,

Vivek

John Regan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

There was a known issue with TC4.2.1 with profile 42/52 (CSCtu09288) but it should be resolved in TC4.2.2 and TC5.x.

Just confirming that you are using TC4.2.2 and as others suggest if you try TC5.1.0 do you still get the problem?  What codec does your profile contain?

Thanks

John

Hi Bobby,

i have seen a few cases cases with the TC 4.2.2 showing the same issue and As John mentioned it was a know issue for  the black screen .

I would suggest the same go ahead and upgraded the unit to TC5.1.0 (latest).

Also please confirm which codec is installed in the profile unit.

in case you need the release keys you can go on to .

http://www.cisco.com/web/go/license

go the  tandberg software upgrade and look up tab

and click

Register for a Tandberg Software Upgrade License

to generate the new release keys for the unit.

-----------

will that be possible to  try connecting the HDMI out for your monitor and see if that also show the same issue.

Test: once you have the codec running and went black take off the DVI /HDMI and put it back to the unit , does the monitor shows the image.

-----------

Regards

Ravi

Thanks Vivek,John and Ravi,

I will check the points you mentioned when i go to the client next and update the result.

Bye

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: