Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisiong Movi Users Using VCS & AD

gujiguy2642
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

How does Movi users provisioning work, if customer has  provisioned all their users on AD and have linked the VCS to AD but there is no  TMS

I guess when movi client logs in, it will go to  AD for authentication
But other then that, without having TMS who is going to hold  the provisioning data ?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The provisionig data is always on the vcs. TMS is used to manage the data for easy management but its replicated to the vcs.

If you are using provisionin without TMS then I guess you use VCS Starter Pack. The config templates are embedded.

With the vcs control, TMS is required to

run provisioning.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The provisionig data is always on the vcs. TMS is used to manage the data for easy management but its replicated to the vcs.

If you are using provisionin without TMS then I guess you use VCS Starter Pack. The config templates are embedded.

With the vcs control, TMS is required to

run provisioning.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Magnus,

Thats what i have found out as well ... VCS Starter Pack is required for provisioning users. There is no way to get the provisioning information on a VCS Control since it has a very specific role and vcs control is not meant to take that load.

Thanks for your reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: