cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning для VCS Expressway

Alexander Zykov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have working infrastructure composed of Tandberg VCS Control (ver.5.2) and TMS (ver.12.6).

VCS Control have active option Provisioning. I use Cisco Jabber as SIP client, and it's work.

I add Cisco VCS Expressway (ver.7.2.1) in existing infrastructure, and complete all items in Deployment guide. But Cisco VCS Expressway don't have Provisioning option.

I add account "jabber" in local authentication database at VCS Expressway, and trying call with Cisco Jabber, using address of VCS Expressway as External Server, and using account "jabber". As a result, I get the error "Wrong username, domain, and/or password".

My question: can I use account jabber for calls from Cisco Jabber? May be, my error that:

"Jabber Video requires the Provisioning option on the Cisco VCS and in Cisco TMS to be enabled" (Jabber_Video_Administrator_Guide 4-5, page 5)?

11 Replies 11

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not sure if some forum rules define the language to be used, but >99% of the postings are written in English.

Its most likely that you have a higher chance of getting an answer.

in general, check out the existing admin and deployment guides for VCS, Provisioning, Authentication, TMS, ...

If you want to run the provisioning I would recommend looking into VCS7.2.2, TMS14.1.1 and the Provisioning extension.That might be easier to set up and debug.

The provisioning and especially with authentication can be deployed in may ways, maybe

you ask a Cisco Partner / external consultant to help you to review the network

Not sure if I understood google translate right, but you do not need to have the provisioning key on the VCS-E.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Sorry, my fault with language.

Thanks, you understand all right.

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

First thing you need to do is to make both VCSC and VCSE to run the same version.

there is a comprehensive configuration for Jabber/Movi client for VCSC and VCSE available that you can follow and most likely get the solution to work on your own. The Provisioning option key is free for VCS and you need to purchase the option keys for TMS where the provisioning information for Jabber/Movi clients will come from.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Authenticating_Devices_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

regards,

Ahmad

Thanks for reply. Cisco Jabber registration on VCS Expressway and calls works already.

Now I'm trying to call from SIP client (Ekiga, for example) to VCS Expressway (without registration).

I want just specify sip:1000@my_domain.ru. VCS allow this, right?

Alexander Zykov написал(а):

Thanks for reply. Cisco Jabber registration on VCS Expressway and calls works already.

Now I'm trying to call from SIP client (Ekiga, for example) to VCS Expressway (without registration).

I want just specify sip:1000@my_domain.ru. VCS allow this, right?

Hi Alexander

You need to buy static NAT option on your VCS_E for such calls.

br Oleksandr

Thanks, Oleksandr!

Did you mean "Dual Network Interfaces option key"? Can you give me a link to some documents, that describe the need of option "Dual Network Interfaces" for making call without registration (like 1000@my_domain.ru)?

Ahmad Sharifinejad написал(а):

Hi,

First thing you need to do is to make both VCSC and VCSE to run the same version.

Don't think that it's true. Document "Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Control_with_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-2" have info about prerequisites: "a VCS Control running version X5 or later".

I didn't see it won't work but if you faced a real challange that you need to be looked by TAC, then you don't get support. the first thing you will be asked to upgrade the old version to the be the same as the new version of VCS.

Hi Alexander,

I think you are correct – there is no requirement for running same software version on both VCS Expressway and VCS Control.

Also all the software versions are under support unless they are not at "End Of Support" stage :-).

However one possible reason for recommending upgrade to the latest software release is hitting a known or finding a new bug.

As far as I have understood the last issue is now placing a call from third party SIP client to Jabber client register to VCS expressway where the SIP domain is my_domain.ru.

If the call is to be made across internet please make sure that the domain in question has the relevant DNS SRV record created so the name can be resolved by the caller’s (registrar / endpoint).

Hello, Andrey.

OK, we already thinking about upgrade our VCS Control =)

About call from third party SIP client: I want make calls from SIP clients to Tandberg EDGE 95 MXP (and some other devices), registered to VCS Control (not to VCS Expressway).

Alexander,

I've just stumbled upon your topic :-)

In order to allow external parties to call your endpoints registered with your VCS Control you'll have to setup some corresponding search rules in your VCS Expressway. Make sure to allow (and maybe transform or interwork) both SIP and H.323 in case you have your endpoints running both protocols. I think this kind of setup is explained in details in the VCS Expressway Admin guide but please feel free to ask if something will be not_so_clear :-) Please keep in mind that VCS Expressway Admin guide gives you very basic although working examples. If you'll be looking for a more complicated dial plan and call policy restrictions please read forums and ask questions here.

Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: