cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning phonebook - disabling non-findme addresses from appearing in search results

Michael Boscia
Level 4
Level 4

So I've got findme, and I've got multiple devices under each user.

Is there any way for the provisioning phonebook to only return the findme alias for the users in the form of firstname.lastname@domain.com instead of multiple entries all in the format of username.devicemodel@domain.com?

I only want them to see (for instance) michael.boscia@domain.com when they search for my name.

Now they see the findme alias, plus mboscia.ex90, mboscia.movi, mboscia.e20, mboscia.jabbertablet, etc. etc.

The users complain that this is confusing and they don't want a million choices, only 1.

Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Michael -

Can you check the following option, Import Provisioned Devices, under the provisioning directory source > Advanced Settings.  Is it checked or unchecked?

If it is checked than it will do exactly as it says, and import the provisioned device address into the phone book, you'll want to uncheck that option.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Michael -

Can you check the following option, Import Provisioned Devices, under the provisioning directory source > Advanced Settings.  Is it checked or unchecked?

If it is checked than it will do exactly as it says, and import the provisioned device address into the phone book, you'll want to uncheck that option.

Awesome!

That worked like a charm.

Thanks!    

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: