Views
Helpful
Replies

PSU PrecisionHD Camera 1080p12x

nuno.lamelas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I Implemented a project recently where we use 1 Codec C40 with 2 PHD Camera 1080p12x and is working perfectly.

The main camera is powered by the Codec C40 and the secondary camera is powered locally, but the customer now wants the main camera also powered locally.

My doubt is if I power the main camera locally and continue with the same power and control cable connected between Codec C40 and the main camera unchanged or needed to make any changes to the cable that controls and feeds the main camera in order to deactivate the pins that powers the main camera

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Dharmesh Nandoria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nuno,

Any reason why customer is wants to power first camera locally ? Are you going to use long control camera ?

You can disconnect cable for 12v from either end . Detail for pin out as under .

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

Hi Dharmmesh,

Thanks for your reply.

The reason is that the customer wants the 2 cameras powered with the same method. And yes we are using a long camera control cable but its not a issue.

As I can understand from your reply is better to disconnect pin 1 and 8 (RJ45 side) and pin 4 (D-SUB side) to power locally the first camera, Am I right?

Regards,

Nuno

Disconnecting one or the other should suffice, as long as you have it disconnected at one end, than it will no longer be powered via the codec VISCA cable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: