Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Public IP Dialing Issue

Hello Everyone,

I have setup a Cisco MX700 in my organization. I am having trouble in dialing Public IP i.e dialing outside my organization. 

Need help with this.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

darmckin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, there's not a lot of information in your question.  Are you using any infrastructure (CUCM, VCS, etc) to traverse your firewall?  I assume your MX700 has a public IP, is that correct?  A little more info will make this easier to assist you.

Regards,

Darren McKinnon

Cisco TAC.

Hi Darren,

Yes, my MX700 is having a public IP address. Instead of CUCM or VCS I have registered it to a third party gatekeeper.

There is no blockage for this device on the firewall as the IP of this device is added to exclude list on the firewall.

Any other information required feel free to ask

Ok, so on your home page of the MX700, are you seeing that you are registered with either or both H323 and SIP?  If not, what messages DO you see on this page?  Also, is there anything in the troubleshooting page that may offer some clues about what is happening?

Darren McKinnon

Cisco TAC

Hi Darren,

Yes the MX700 shows it is registered. Whenever I am dialing the Public IP of the other device the troubleshooting page shows network rejected/local disconnect.

I am able to see that the device is trying to call the other ends IP but the call doesn't go through. (The device at other end is switched ON).

I have tried different settings but no success.

You didn't mention what protocol is registered - H323 or SIP or both?  since you're trying to dial an IP, you can try dialing SIP:<IP ADDRESS>.  Also, it's likely that the 3rd party you are using is preventing your call from going through.  If dialing SIP:<IP ADDRESS> does not work, then you should talk to your GK provider.

Darren

Cisco TAC

Hi Darren,

I am using only H323 for calling purpose. I have turned off SIP. Will do the checking at GK end also.

Hi Darren,

Got the issue sorted out. Had some routing issues on the Core Switch. The calls are working fine now.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: