cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quad Camera integration for soft solution.

Seoulhawk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, like many people these days suddenly there is a huge surge in connecting to Jabber, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Zoom, Webex... I am trying to design a new conference room system for my customer and integrating the ability to use a software solution. They desire to use a Webex Room Kit Plus with the Cisco Quad Camera. So I was planning on using a VDA for the camera and connect that to the CODEC and Extron Media Port 200. When the customer is using a software solution they want the CODEC to be powered off. So my concerns are as follows.

• Can I control the camera from a third party control system without the CODEC?
  • Will the camera timeout and hibernate if not connected to a CODEC?
  • Can the USB port on the Quad Camera be utilized as a USB camera?
  • Are there any functions that I might not be aware of that could be available using the USB port?
1 Reply 1

The feature which you are looking is USB pass through and AFAIK its available only with CS KIT USB and CS kit MINI.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/webex-room-series/index.html

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: