cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about an old Tandberg Classic system and TMS Phonebooks

juriss
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Tandberg 6000 Classic running E3.4 software, I know its very old.....

We are working to get the system replaced with a C series Codec, but in the mean time we want to have the 6000 use the TMS Corp Dir phone books.

We had several classics on the nework in the past and it worked but they had later software like E5.2 or E5.3

My question is... Can I get Corp Dir Phonebooks from TMS 13.01 to work on a Classic 6000 with E3.4 software?

Is there a change I have to do via Telnet to have it find the TMS servers... like a Hosts file entry since there is no DNS server setup??

Or... questions 2... Is it possible to get a release key to get the system up to E5.3?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, the classics are eol long time ago. Release keys are for systems with service contracts which i do not think this system has? They are anyway not given in this forum. I would contact cisco licensing to see what options are available.

When it comes to the phonebook i would think it should work but sip was not supported on the classics as far as i remember... Did you test it? What do you see or (don't see?) in this scenario or have you not tested?

/magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: