cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about sending a presentation to our C40 Codec

ntong
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, we just had a C40 codec installed in our boardroom, and I was wondering if we were able to send a presentation to it via the network rather than via HDMI/DVI.

our aincent polycom camera had a windows client that we could install, and this would allow us to present whats on the computer screen to both ends of a conference.

Is there a similar function on the Cisco codec?

Thanks,

Nathan

3 Replies 3

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nathan,

Unfortunately, Cisco C40 does not have a feature like that. In order to share a presentation from a PC you really have to use presentation cable.

In old Tandberg  endpoints, like Edge 95 MXP, for example, it was possible to use VNC so share a image from a PC into the conference, but this feature has not been included in new endpoints.

Cisco MCU (ex Codian) still has support to share presentation by using VNC.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paulo, thanks for the quick reply.

The biggest problem I face, is they dont want any cables running from the laptop to the C40.

Has anyone had any success with something like Intels WiDi to HDMI or anything similar?

Thanks,

Nathan

Hi,

There are boxes on the market that could wireless stream the desktop. There are VGA or HDMI output that could be connected to C40. Just Google it .
If you are using IPhone or IPad as a presentation source, AppleTV is a nice sollution for this ( you will use the AirPlay facility of Apple products ).

Hope this help you.

Valentin

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App