Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about subzones and proxied registrations

I'm doing some tinkering with my Jabber/Movi deployment.  We are proxying registrations via VCS-E into VCS-C.

The thing I've noticed however is that proxied registrations don't seem to obey our subzone rules - they always end up in the default subzone on VCS-C.  I use the exact same alias registering to the VCS-C internally and it goes into its subzone fine.

When I check the proxied registration on VCS-C, the alias is the same as if it was registered directly.

Is this expected behaviour, or should my VCS-C subzones work for proxied registrations?                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nick,

That is right! You cannot register a client to any subzone in VCS Control when registering through proxied registration from VCSe.

If you are trying to register jabber to subzone of the VCS Control to use bandwidth control, I would suggest you to configure bandwidth limitation in your "traversal subzone" in VCS Control to control bandwidth for those endpoints registered through proxied registration.

In general, I don't like much to use proxied registration, because there are some limitations, such as the call license counting when jabbers from internet call each other.

If there is no special reason to use proxied registration in your environment, I would suggest you to register jabber clients from internet directly to VCSe.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kntieche
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nick,

Do you really see defaultsubzone on the node field in the registration details of the proxied registration? i would have expected something else. When proxied the registration usually end up in the traverzal client node on the VCS control, not on the subzone.

Cheers

/Karim

Sorry, you are correct - when I said the default zone, I should have just said not in a subzone.

So you are saying you cannot proxy a registration to a subzone?

Hi Nick,

That is right! You cannot register a client to any subzone in VCS Control when registering through proxied registration from VCSe.

If you are trying to register jabber to subzone of the VCS Control to use bandwidth control, I would suggest you to configure bandwidth limitation in your "traversal subzone" in VCS Control to control bandwidth for those endpoints registered through proxied registration.

In general, I don't like much to use proxied registration, because there are some limitations, such as the call license counting when jabbers from internet call each other.

If there is no special reason to use proxied registration in your environment, I would suggest you to register jabber clients from internet directly to VCSe.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Thanks Paul - the reason for wanting subzones from the VCS-E is I want some proxied accounts that don't require authentication (i.e. treat as authenticated) while the rest will authenticate as normal.

Regarding registering directly to VCS-E - I've been toying with that idea anyway due to the clustering issues discussed in an earlier thread, but it's going to be a bit of a pain in this particular implementation so I'll avoid it if I can

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: