Views
Helpful
Replies

question about the TMSDatabaseScannerService

Louis-Alex
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I saw something odd on my TMS, with this service, and wondering if it was because something was wrong on my system or if it was the service itself that was in trouble, and if so, if Cisco knows there was a trouble and was working on it ?

What I was observing was, via Zabbix surveillances emails, that I was repetively warned about stops (followed by starts two minutes later)....

Often, two times per hour ...

Thnx.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

According to the bug, the fix is contained in TMS 15.3, which was released August 2016.  There has even been another release since then, as TMS 15.4 came out just this month.

TMS Release Notes

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you download the TMS Diagnostic Files under Admin Tools > TMS Server Maintenance, does anything appear in the TMSDatabaseScanner log that would explain the repeated stops?

nah, not really....... in fact, the file is almost empty :-S

all entries are WARN (which means warning I guess) ...

I checked to see if there were any documented bugs or anything, and didn't find anything, the log would be your best bet as to figuring out why.  There should be two logs, at least there is in my log bundle, one is almost empty while the other has data written to it.

I didn't find anything in the TMS files, but I do find something in the eventsviewer of the windowsServer-2012R2

All I found was an ID (7031) which is a generic id from MS, to describe a service which terminate unexpectedly.....

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCuy45253 ???

Nice catch, that didn't appear in the search I did earlier, I only got two results and neither fit your description.  Does that bug appear to maybe fit your issue?

I think so.......

and now I play the waiting game...'till Cisco fix that sh** of a bug :-P

Thnx for your help...again ;-)

According to the bug, the fix is contained in TMS 15.3, which was released August 2016.  There has even been another release since then, as TMS 15.4 came out just this month.

TMS Release Notes

yeah, that is what i'm reading too....i'll ask my superiors 'bout buying the new TMS version......

What version are you currently running?

If you're going from one major version to another, such as 14.x to 15.x, you'll require a release key.  However, for a minor version upgrade, such as 15.1 to 15.4, a release key isn't needed.  Your TMS must be on an active support contract in order to obtain a release key.

we have 15.2.1

and, being new in charge, I don't exactly know what is precisely the kind of our contract with Cisco.....  I'd confirme with my boss tomorow...

but for now, I'm not sure about what i downloaded...

Is that really what I need : Cisco TelePresence Management Suite 15.4.0 (92MB) ?

The file you downloaded is correct.  I was editing my last message when you replied, be sure to take a look as it pertains to needing a software release key.  Although, you do not need one, as you're doing a minor upgrade going from one dot release to another.

Here is a link to the TMS 15.4 Installation and Upgrade Guide in case you need it and want to review it since you're new to TMS.

allright !! another solved case !

Thnx a lot Mr Sparkman :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: