Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question around PMP+ license usage with CMS and CUCM

For CMS hosted conferences, I understand the idea that PMP+ licenses get used when a named user with a PMP license assigned joins a space.  This seems fairly straight forward when a user with PMP logs into CMA or the Webbridge and joins a space, a PMP license is assigned as CMS knows who the user is.

However, what about users joining a space from a CUCM registered device (DX, phone, Jabber etc)?  Assuming the device is assigned to the user in CUCM, how does CMS actually know which user the device belongs to in order and assign a PMP license rather than just use an SMP license?

17 Replies 17

The thing is that I have a deployment just with rendezous video conferences and it is working without any SMP o PMP license in the CMS.

And I have no idea how is that.

From my experience when I first deployed CMS 2.x, you can make a few calls without any call license being installed, though I don't know how many.

CMS licensing inside Software is still buggy. doesn't guarantee when it uses SMP, PMP and sometimes it doesn't use a license at all..

Manually created Space =  SMP Lic is always used and sometimes it doesn't consume license if when i check GET via API.
to my surprise, order is also important. i'm using 2.2.11. if non PMP participant joins first followed by PMP, then SMP is used. license does not switch back to PMP.

PMP spaces created during LDAP import or later. anyone join this space, PMP is always used. 

HTH

AMMAR