cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[Question] How to add favorite address to call?

quake3bak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I'm a newbie Telepresence engineer once I was Network Engineer.

I have a question about how to add favorite address on codec SX20.

I need a way to be shown favorite list or phone book list of our codec address.

The codecs are playing stand alone, and we have many more codecs on other country.

So, it is hard to move there to configure one by one, I can't go business trip.

I searched SX20 administrator's manual but, there wasn't any information what I wanted to find out.

The only what I found was using phone book list, if then we had to use TMS, VCS or External phone book server.

howerver, we don't have those devices, that means that is cannot be an answer to us.

also, I know the way to call one by one and add to favorite from the history list.

but, those are too many, I hope someone know how to make the local phone book list or favorite list.

I think the best way is making a phone book or favorite list on pc or other device, and go copy it to others. but how?

sorry for incomvience for reading, because of none mother tounge. I wish your kindess.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TC6 allows for editing of local phonebooks through the web gui, but I believe Jinsung want an option to add a local phonebook already containing all entries, to all codecs instead of having to enter these one by one on each codec.

Not sure about the SX20, but on the C-series this can be done by logging in as root and downloading and editing the phone book file pb.xml - then upload this to all the other systems.

The pb.xml file can be found under /config

As I said, this applies to the C-series, one of the Cisco guys might be able to confirm if this is valid for the SX20 too, or you could just log in as root and take a look.

Quite frankly though, investing in a TMS server would make life much easier for you.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Quick search of the forums found this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3685664

TC6 allows for editing of local phonebooks through the web gui, but I believe Jinsung want an option to add a local phonebook already containing all entries, to all codecs instead of having to enter these one by one on each codec.

Not sure about the SX20, but on the C-series this can be done by logging in as root and downloading and editing the phone book file pb.xml - then upload this to all the other systems.

The pb.xml file can be found under /config

As I said, this applies to the C-series, one of the Cisco guys might be able to confirm if this is valid for the SX20 too, or you could just log in as root and take a look.

Quite frankly though, investing in a TMS server would make life much easier for you.

/jens

Jens Didriksen, your answer was right, I tested with SX20, it works on not only C Series but, also SX 20.

it was greatly helpful.

Glad to hear it worked, and thanks for letting us know

/jens

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: