cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[Question] On VPN connected SX20, what I need more?

quake3bak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I'm facfing some special issue which I've never seen before.

plz, see this picture belowed.

sx20.jpg

We are using H323 protocal with ISDN G/W 3241 interal Gatekeeper mode to call from SX20 to other SX20.

you may feel weired because we don't use VCS, but instead of it, we use ISDN G/W internal Gatekeeper.

ISDN to IP and IP to ISDN call works well. but, on VPN connected SX20(Building D) has certain problem.

it has no problem on H323 'direct' mode. but, once it changed to H323 'Gatekeeper' mode,

it looks well registed from seeing on ISDN G/W.

but, when we start call, Building D's SX20 is just keeping 'Dialing' status, and never step to 'connecting'

The only I can hear is unlimited ringtone from the Building D's SX20 and, from the opposite other SX20 call to

Building D SX20 call also has same result. 'the ulimited dialing' but, any signal didn't reached opponent side.

this issue only appeared on VPN connection, so I need to check what I have to do more when set on VPN connection for Telepresence.

Dose anyone know about like this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you want to use the GK functionality you have to use gk mode.

The VPN most likely has some layer 3 handling for h323 or some ports are not open.

The endpoint behind the VPN and the rest of your ip based video systems need to have

direct ip connectivity without any NAT and required ports have to be open.

And for h323 it is a whole bunch of ports.

Especially if public ip connectivity and uri dialing is on the future roadmap I would investigate

in using a vcs or cucm setup.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you want to use the GK functionality you have to use gk mode.

The VPN most likely has some layer 3 handling for h323 or some ports are not open.

The endpoint behind the VPN and the rest of your ip based video systems need to have

direct ip connectivity without any NAT and required ports have to be open.

And for h323 it is a whole bunch of ports.

Especially if public ip connectivity and uri dialing is on the future roadmap I would investigate

in using a vcs or cucm setup.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify