cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[question] what is the ports of using ISDN G/W?

quake3bak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I'm a newbie of Telepresence area.

I'm facing to setup an ISDN G/W befind the firewall.

To connect to other devices, I need to know which ports are using.

I searched some information through googling and CISCO webpage, but I couldn't find out.

I hope someone know about ISDN G/W ports. please, help...

thankyou.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should mention which kind of gateway you use, best would be to mention the software version as well.

Also include some info of your deploymet.

For former codian procucts (like the 3241/8321 ISDN GW), take a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/conferencing_products_conferenceme_ports_used_kb_3.shtml

SIP is currently not supported, but I read somewhere here that it will come as well.

It depends a bit of your deployment which ports need to be opened up and which should be blocked.

Always be careful when deploying a ISDN GW with connectivity to the public ISDN network

as an open ISDN GW can cause unwanted / fraud calls which can generate a lot of costs.

Best is to have a strict dialplan on the ISDN GW itself and also block calls via a call control (vcs/cucm).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should mention which kind of gateway you use, best would be to mention the software version as well.

Also include some info of your deploymet.

For former codian procucts (like the 3241/8321 ISDN GW), take a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/conferencing_products_conferenceme_ports_used_kb_3.shtml

SIP is currently not supported, but I read somewhere here that it will come as well.

It depends a bit of your deployment which ports need to be opened up and which should be blocked.

Always be careful when deploying a ISDN GW with connectivity to the public ISDN network

as an open ISDN GW can cause unwanted / fraud calls which can generate a lot of costs.

Best is to have a strict dialplan on the ISDN GW itself and also block calls via a call control (vcs/cucm).

quake3bak
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for kind explanation.

but, I need a organized data of port usage like below link.

Does anyone have or know about ISDN G/W port organized data?

Like I asked before, please post the isdn gw type and software version you use.

If its the codian gw its the table I mentioned with some parts which are not needed.

(like rtsp, streaming, sip).

Incoming ports

• FTP - TCP:21 + TCP ephemeral (i.e. dynamic rather than fixed) ports used for passive mode
  • HTTP - TCP:80
  • HTTPS - TCP:443
  • H.323 - TCP:1720 + TCP ephemeral ports for incoming calls
  • SNMP - UDP:161
  • Outgoing H.323 calls involve TCP connections from TCP ephemeral ports to TCP:1720 and a number of TCP ephemeral ports
  • Outgoing SNMP traps are sent from UDP ephemeral ports to port 162
  • Media (including audio, video and FECC messages) is UDP from ephemeral ports to ephemeral ports.
  • The Cisco acquired TANDBERG/Codian products and the Cisco  TelePresence Serial Gateway Series allocate ephemeral ports in the range  49152 to 65535*. It is possible to change the ports on which these  products receive and establish connections. For instance, by default  Cisco acquired Codian products listen for H.323 calls to port 1720 and  web browser connections to port 80 but these can be changed (go to Network > Services).

It is CISCO ISDN G/W 3241..

and I don't know version information, because the device didn't arrive yet.

it's on the way to here to set on the client's site.

So.... your attached 'Incoming ports', it's simular to MCU's incoming port.

is it same as ISDN G/W?

If you kindly read the footer of the linked page:

This article applies to the following products:

• Cisco TelePresence ISDN GW 3200 and 3241 / MSE 8310 and 8321 ISDN blades

the ports I listed were the ones which should reflect the isdn gw

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: