Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick user questions about DX80

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

I got a not-so-old DX80. Wondering:

1. Can the Camera and MIC of the DX80 be used for my laptop while I am not in a webex call? Such as use them for the MS teams call? Likely the answer is no but will wait for experts to confirm.

2. What is the purpose of that USB-A/USB-B cable, which is bundled together with the HDMI cable coming with DX80? I connected it between my laptop and DX80 but it does not seem to do anything...

3. if I wanted to change video settings (such white balance, colour temp), I would have to gain access to the DX80 web UI, right?

The DX80 is running the latest CE firmware as far as I can tell.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please see response to your questions:

1. You can not use Camera or Mic separately for other purpose. You can only use it when you are making call to other person or joining a Webex Meeting or MS Teams meeting from DX80. 

2. USB Type A/B port is currently not in use. Please see the datasheet. 

3. You can change video settings using Web Administration. Please see page 134 of this guide.  

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please see response to your questions:

1. You can not use Camera or Mic separately for other purpose. You can only use it when you are making call to other person or joining a Webex Meeting or MS Teams meeting from DX80. 

2. USB Type A/B port is currently not in use. Please see the datasheet. 

3. You can change video settings using Web Administration. Please see page 134 of this guide.  

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks, I guess I will have to ask IT to grant me access intot he Web admin UI of the DX80...

Actually forgot to ask, how can I use DX80 for MS Teams calls? Is this something user controllable/configurable OR it would be the IT department job to integrate?

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In order to use Webex Devices with MS Teams Meeting, you need Cisco Webex Video Integration for Microsoft Teams licenses in Cisco Webex Control Hub. This needs to be setup by your administration. Please see below deployment guide:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/nffx8kj/Deploy-the-Cisco-Webex-Video-Integration-for-Microsoft-Teams 

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: