Views
Helpful
Replies

Random conference alias in TMS

prlux2012
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using TMS 14.6.0 + TPS 4.1 + Conductor 3.0.2

Is there anyway to create a conference with a random alias ? 

Actually I'm using the current incremental alias, but I would like to use prefix+random alias in order to secure my solution. Any suggestion ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only way is to use an incremental alias, where TMS will use the first available number in the range you set it to use in Conductors extended settings whenever booking a conference.  There isn't a way at this time to have TMS make the generated alias random or not repeat a previously used alias.

It was brought up over the years by several people asking about such a feature, being able to use random or non-recurring numeric IDs, but I don't think it went anywhere.  Below is one such discussion from a few years back.

how-avoid-numeric-id-repeating-mcu-based-call-when-scheduling-tms

If this is something you'd want, contact your Account Manager and see if they can open a feature request for you. I would, and know of some others that would +1 the request.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only way is to use an incremental alias, where TMS will use the first available number in the range you set it to use in Conductors extended settings whenever booking a conference.  There isn't a way at this time to have TMS make the generated alias random or not repeat a previously used alias.

It was brought up over the years by several people asking about such a feature, being able to use random or non-recurring numeric IDs, but I don't think it went anywhere.  Below is one such discussion from a few years back.

how-avoid-numeric-id-repeating-mcu-based-call-when-scheduling-tms

If this is something you'd want, contact your Account Manager and see if they can open a feature request for you. I would, and know of some others that would +1 the request.

Thanks Patrick

Very clear, it can be a real security issue if PIN code is not used, as suggested, I go to the feature request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: