Views
Helpful
Replies

Random Jabber disconnections from MCU Calls

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

Hope you can help me. I have seen a few posts with these error messages in but they aren't quite what's happening here

My customer is having an issue, where a number of their Jabber (For windows) users are being randomly disconnected from MCU calls on their TelePresence server. The disconnection happens in under a minute.

No presentations are being shared when this happens.

The errors are:

BYE transaction failed due to network error

Ending call due to INVITE transaction timeout

Closing call due to failed reINVITE

TPS 320 - Software version: 4.0(2.8)

Known Jabber clients effected - versions 4.4 and 4.7

Currently waiting for the customer to update me on the TMS, Conductor blade and VCSE and VCSC software versions

Hope you can help

Many thanks

Luke

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Usually this is because of a network issue where the SIP messages are not being sent correctly between Jabber and the TP server reliably, in this case I am guessing the OK/ACK are not being sent to the conductor/TP server and the TP server is disconnecting the call. Is there a firewall in the mix, do you SIP ALG turned on? If so i would look at the firewall and turn off SIP ALG.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Usually this is because of a network issue where the SIP messages are not being sent correctly between Jabber and the TP server reliably, in this case I am guessing the OK/ACK are not being sent to the conductor/TP server and the TP server is disconnecting the call. Is there a firewall in the mix, do you SIP ALG turned on? If so i would look at the firewall and turn off SIP ALG.

Please rate useful posts.

Thank you for your response

I will speak with the customer today regarding your suggestions

Many thanks

Especially if the call goes via the VCS where the Jabber Video client is registered to it would be interesting to look at the registration history and the other logs on that vcs.

And if you do not find the reason there, continue on all other components.

As George said, this sounds like some kind of network issue.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify