cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reboot and Maintenance schedule - VCS

paulphilpott1
Level 1
Level 1

What is the Cisco recommended VCS maintenance and reboot schedule for the VCS?

Such as: Is it worth while rebooting these monthly, backups daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly?

Nothing seems to be mentioned within the deployment or admin guides.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paul,

no, as far as I know there is no such a recomendations for healthy and fully operational VCS (cluster of VCS's) and it is highly unlikey to find one.

You can keep the VCS's running without having to schedule any "just-in-case" reboot.

In very, very rare ocasions, where TAC finds a problem, like memory leak for instance, you might be advised to do reboot every X days/weeks on the impacted VCS outisde of office hours, until development comes up with fix. But again that is very rare and should be done according to TAC recomendations only.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

adimchev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

I am not sure I understnd the question - are you implying that there should be reboot scheduled for each VCS without a reason?

Please clarify more? Are you facing any issues with them VCS's?

Hi Andrey,

To clarify, I was trying to determine if there should be a periodical reboot of the VCS's, if it is required, or can they be left alone indefinitely? What is Cisco's recommendation?

Hi Paul,

no, as far as I know there is no such a recomendations for healthy and fully operational VCS (cluster of VCS's) and it is highly unlikey to find one.

You can keep the VCS's running without having to schedule any "just-in-case" reboot.

In very, very rare ocasions, where TAC finds a problem, like memory leak for instance, you might be advised to do reboot every X days/weeks on the impacted VCS outisde of office hours, until development comes up with fix. But again that is very rare and should be done according to TAC recomendations only.

OK thanks, thats been useful, appreciate it.