Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommendation for HDMI Extender for Precision 60

Sch87728
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I´d like to buy an HDMI extender to cover 6-8 meters of distance.

There´s only a cat cable and I cannot replace or use a new better HMDI cable

I don´t want to buy cheap useless stuff, but some of the higher quality extenders with costs of 500+ seem a bit costly

Has anyone good experiences with midrange hdmi extenders in the last 2-3 years?

thank you

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

I have had a bit of experience with the RemoteCam5 solution from Sound Control Technologies to connect a P60 to a codec pro over a distance of about 30 Meters. It works well but costs more than $500 (about 1K here in Canada). There are other extenders out there as well.

TelePresence solutions are generally not cheap. There are several components that all have to work together to facilitate a  great experience (codecs, cameras, mics, speakers, displays, etc...). One weak link in the chain and the solution falls apart, so I generally try to reduce risk by going with proven products which are supportable and reliable as opposed to the cheapest thing to do the job. Could you get away with a cheap 1080P HDMI extender off of amazon? Possibly, maybe even probably. But if there is an issue with that component which interferes with an important meeting, the end user is not going to care that a few hundred bucks were saved during the install.

The above is just my personal view, I am thankful that we have several expert contributors in this corner of the support forums who have far more experience than myself, so I hope (and totally expect) that if my view is not generally accepted as correct they can educate me as well!

I know I am a little late to the party but we have used a bunch of different extenders for both cameras and televisions. We are in courtroom settings, a standard set up has the codec near the clerk in front of the judge and then a television with a camera on top to the right of the judge. For the most part cheap extenders are garbage, stay away from them.

We have started using SynCav (model SSAV-EX1-5-6) and they seem to work pretty well. Under $200CAD.

Sergio Quezada
Level 1
Level 1

Extron is the way to go Sir...

https://www.extron.com/product/dtphdmi230tx

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Another vote for the Extron products.   They are extremely reliable and have worked in many of our deployments where other brands have struggled. 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.