cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended Room Size for Cisco Room Kit Pro

WeiKwongOng5555
Level 1
Level 1

What is the recommended meeting room size for Cisco Room Kit Pro with the Quad Cameara? How far the 5 x digital zoom can reach?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

The room kit pro can fit many size rooms and is dependent on what you want to accomplish.
The quad camera is great for simple zoom (up to 5x, or about 9-10 meters) While zoomed you still get a crisp picture, but I would not suggest it be used to focus on a presenter. I use it best as a wide rooms shot. You can also go beyond the 12 meters recommendation, however, if doing so, Speaker Track should be disabled to not overload the processing.

The Room kit Pro is very nice for large rooms, more so for the audio capabilities. You can add up to 6 video cameras and 8 microphones.
Your assumption for the P60 is accurate. With the quad camera up front facing the room, a rear mounted P60 is amazing for a presenter. With presenter Tracking, you wont even need manual controls, the camera follows the presenter.
With the capability for up to 8 microphones, you can expand the range of the room pretty far.

A couple examples for myself - my board room is 12x12 meters. The Room Kit Pro / quad camera + P60 / 6 desktop mics work amazingly well. One of my training rooms is 12x30 mters (very wide). I have a Room kit Pro, 2 quad cams + P60 / 4 ceiling mics. Again, I capture the entire room with some minor macros for stitching together the 2x quad cameras.

The point is, the Kit Pro is very optimized for rooms up to 12 meters, but larger than that, its such a powerful and customization setup, that it can go beyond that without any loss in quality.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

tomas_vll
Level 1
Level 1

We have used the quadcam in rooms that are 12 meters deep. When you get to the back the quad doesnt get a as tight image. The quad is recomended for rooms upto 14 people (seated in a u seating). Cisco previously sold the speakertrack unit witch consisted of a mikrophone array and two p60 cameras (20x optical magnification)

if its a lecture hall for instance you could combine multiple cameras (Quad in the front and a P60 in the back)

Hi Tomas,

If we want to deploy multiple cameras, what is the purpose of P60 camera at the back? Is to see the presenter at the front?

Hello,

The room kit pro can fit many size rooms and is dependent on what you want to accomplish.
The quad camera is great for simple zoom (up to 5x, or about 9-10 meters) While zoomed you still get a crisp picture, but I would not suggest it be used to focus on a presenter. I use it best as a wide rooms shot. You can also go beyond the 12 meters recommendation, however, if doing so, Speaker Track should be disabled to not overload the processing.

The Room kit Pro is very nice for large rooms, more so for the audio capabilities. You can add up to 6 video cameras and 8 microphones.
Your assumption for the P60 is accurate. With the quad camera up front facing the room, a rear mounted P60 is amazing for a presenter. With presenter Tracking, you wont even need manual controls, the camera follows the presenter.
With the capability for up to 8 microphones, you can expand the range of the room pretty far.

A couple examples for myself - my board room is 12x12 meters. The Room Kit Pro / quad camera + P60 / 6 desktop mics work amazingly well. One of my training rooms is 12x30 mters (very wide). I have a Room kit Pro, 2 quad cams + P60 / 4 ceiling mics. Again, I capture the entire room with some minor macros for stitching together the 2x quad cameras.

The point is, the Kit Pro is very optimized for rooms up to 12 meters, but larger than that, its such a powerful and customization setup, that it can go beyond that without any loss in quality.

Hello Mike,

Could you elaborate on the  "I capture the entire room with some minor macros for stitching together the 2x quad cameras",  Could you point me the way on how to create these macros?  This could be a power full feature/ selling point. 

Thanks in advance!

Peter

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check out Project Workplace as a great resource for some ideas of the sizes of rooms and configuration options.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: