cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording Audio from P2P Conference

NYHearings
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to solve what should be a simple issue, but have had no success.  I am connecting directly from an EX90 endpoint to a Profile 42 endpoint.  I need to capture the audio part of the conversation and record it locally.  Cisco says it can only be done by using the audio out on the EX90 and mixing it with the audio from an external microphone (or, of course, by buying a server).  I am wondering, though, if there is a better way to do it.  I bought a converter box that captures the audio from the HDMI out and allows me to record it.  However, I can only get it to capture the remote audio and not the local.  Is there a configuration setting on the EX90 that would allow the HDMI output to include the audio that is being captured on the local unit?  In the alternative, is there any other way to record the audio from both locations from a point to point conference without the use of a server? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If only looks for recording audio conversation on conference call, then I believe you won’t need multisite option key on EX90 to make additional audio call without it.

So simply make an additional audio call to other device and record it as audio session (which will avoid seeing extra video in CP mode as well and telephone icon can be used as “recording” indication).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are simply connecting audio cable for audio out with default configuration, you should only have remote audio.

You will need to modify the audio configuration and probably best and easy way to do so on Profile system (if Profile system run with either C90, C60 or C40) is to use Audio Console in Cisco TC Console application.

This application help to configure audio port via GUI including remote/local audio playback.

Application information is available at http://developer.cisco.com/web/telepresence-developer/tools/integrators/tc-console.

Thanks so much for the reply.  Unfortunately, the Profile 42 has the C20 codec.  I would have thought the HDMI out from the EX90 would carry both the local and remote audio, but maybe it doesn't after all.

EX90 audio out configuration, xConfiguration Audio PreferredOutputConnector: .

Unfortunately audio from local microphone will not playback from HDMI out interface (please note that audio from HDMI input will playback from it).

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Another option might be to get multisite option on the EX90 and dial in with a 3rd participant (dummy participant) and record the audio output on this as that will record both sides of the ex90 and the c20.

If that is applicable for you..

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

If only looks for recording audio conversation on conference call, then I believe you won’t need multisite option key on EX90 to make additional audio call without it.

So simply make an additional audio call to other device and record it as audio session (which will avoid seeing extra video in CP mode as well and telephone icon can be used as “recording” indication).

Thanks.  That actually does work.  Made an audio call to Jabber and was able to record both sides. A little cumbersome but it has potential. 

Good, and yes using Jabber as audio recording session peer probably works well as you can record session in digital format on PC itself.

Also you can share it (or store in server) as soon as conference call is finish without any file format conversion.