Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording Calls int TCS with multiway

Hi team,

We have a network of C20, VCS, MCU, TMS, TCS.

We want the user to perform a call recording. The procedure we are following is:

1) Enpoint A calls Endpoint B

2) Endpoint A puts Endpoint B on Hold

3) Endpoint A calls the recording allias

4) Endpoint A selects JoinCalls

Call Fails

Endpoint A gets to see the MCU conference, MCU conference is created on the MCU but the join fails and Endpoint A ends with 2 calls one on hold and the other active.

If we perform with the Prodecure to join calls with 3 endopoints it works OK.

Could anyone Help me to bring some light to this issue?

Regards,

Federico

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Federico. Sounds like you using Multiway on VCS and MCU. Is that right? Right now TCS doesnt support RouteToMc or SIP Refer in order to make the transfer. I have to check SIP Refer to be sure. But currently TCS doesnt support this from what I know. You may be able to use Conductor if you have one deployed in user environment. Hope this helps.

VR
Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Federico. Sounds like you using Multiway on VCS and MCU. Is that right? Right now TCS doesnt support RouteToMc or SIP Refer in order to make the transfer. I have to check SIP Refer to be sure. But currently TCS doesnt support this from what I know. You may be able to use Conductor if you have one deployed in user environment. Hope this helps.

VR
Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. Yes indeed we are using multiway on VCS and MCU.

Do you know were I can check if SIP refer is supported on TCS? We currently have an H323 network but we can evaluate migrating to SIP if supported.

Do you know if there are plans for TCS to support RouteToMc ?

Regards,
Federico

HI Federico.  I don't believe there are plans for it no.  I guess the reason being is that the call will stay up and record forever unless admin goes in and disconnects the Recording connection on the MCU itself to the TCS.  I do believe thats one reason why it hasnt been considered. 

What you can do is talk to your account manager to see if this on a Road Map somewhere.  I can't discuss those types of things here.

For SIP, would normally see in the Allowed Field if REFER is supported.  TCS says it does, but trying this in my lab, it doesn't work.  I don't believe TCS should include this in its Allow Field if it doesn't act on it.  In the sense for Multiway Call, but it may be used for something else. 

Will have to check, but the best bet for you is to request this throught the account team or the possibility of deploying conductor for this. 

VR

Patrick

Patrick,

Thanks for the reply. I will Contact the Account Team.

Regards,
Federico

Do we have confirmation that TCS doesn't support SIP Refer today?

Please rate useful posts.

Gaurav Pathak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Federico,

There is a different way to do the same that you want.

1. Login into MCU.

2. Go to Conference and create new conference

3. Go to Add Participant and dial the recording alias

4. Next add the other two endpoints as well.

5. Both endpoint video would get recorded by this and your objective will be achieved.

6. You can add more endpoints as well into this depending on the ports available on your MCU.

7. End conference to finish recording or manually disconnect TCS from the conference.

You can also change the Custom Layout in Conference to get better view in recording.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gaurav

you can also dial all pariticipant as well as TCS from TMS or dial everyone from MCU as mentioned before.

what version of VCS, MCU, TCS are you using?

Hi Gaurav,

This is the way we are actualy doing it we wanted the user to record the call we no previous intervention.

Regards,

Federico

Do you have Multisite licences on you endpoints?  We do on ours specifically so we can do these user initiated recordings.  User just dials to both the other endpoint and their recording alias from their device (no MCU requried).

Alternately, can you get the users to use the TMS Scheduler and select the "Record Conference" tickbox and the appropriate recording alias when booking their conference?

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: