Replies

Recording Indicator not functioning

Hi,

CUCM 10.x

Conductor XC 3.0.2 

vTP : 4.1 (remotely managed)

MCU: 5320 (remotely managed)

CTS: v6.2

I have used both MCU & vTP servers for rendezvous calls.

Scenario:

User-1:MX700 (CUCM Registered)

User-2: 9971 IP-Phone (CUCM Registered)

User-3: EX90 (CUCM Registered)

I initiate a call from User-1 to 9870 and a conference is created on the vTP and content server automatically joins becuase I have an auto-dial template configured.

All Users join and one single square window is given to CTS where is says: Recording and a blinking red light.

I want the recording to come as an indicator not as a participant. 

On the MCU 5320, I can see in the options "Recording Indicator" which is checked and its still giving a single window to CTS.

Tried This. https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11794476/telepresence-recording

As for the TP Server I cant find any options on the conductor .

Thanks for ur time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We don't have CUCM deployed as of yet, but TCS and VCS work fine as that is what we use and I get the recording indicator on the TelePresence Server when booking through TMS.

Regarding the bug, suggest you reach out to your Account Manager, and raise that issue with them, the more customers the better.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The MCU doesn't have any type of managed mode when using with Conductor, only the TelePresence Server does.  With that said, the user has access to all of the MCU's configuration options, whereas a TelePresence Server running in remotely managed mode, the Conductor controls all parameters, which means no conference configuration options are available on the TelePresence Server for the user to change.

The behavior you see for the MCU, where you see the "Recording" video from the TCS is normal, even if you have the recording indicator overlaid icon enabled on the MCU.  Did you mute the incoming video from the TCS on the MCU as mentioned in the thread you linked to?

For the TelePresence Server, as long as you have selected the "Recording device" advanced parameter for the auto-dialed participant within Conductor, the "Recording" video from the TCS should automatically be muted and all you should see is a recording icon in the upper left.

I was able to set the "Appear as a recording device" on the MCU Auto-Dial Template, but still I the recording window with the new indicator, I have to go to the MCU to mute the video of the CTS to remain with the indicator only. Is there a away to always mute the video of the CTS.

Found it:

Auto Muted Initially

Video Muted Initially

Looking at the Conductor XC3.0 Admin Guide on pg 113, advanced parameters for TelePresence Server auto-dialed participants isn't supported .  However, they are starting with version XC4.0, refer to the Conductor XC4.0 Admin Guide on pg 88 for more details.

Rendezvous meeting have the indicator now showing by using the auto-dial template.

When I use TMS to shecdule meetings in the below 2 scenarios:

A.)

TMS is used to schedule a conference and Recording server is selected 

- In this case it goes back to the same old recording window

B.)

TMS is used to schedule a conference and a recording server is not selected, instead the same auto-dial template used for renedevouz is used to map the conference template of the schedulded template in conductor.

- In this case it works and only the recording indicator is used.

TCS is only connected using SIP to CUCM and added to TMS with the recording alias.

Conductor is only connected to CUCM via a SIP Trunk and the rest of the MCU's.

Call Path:

MCU 5320 -- SIP -- CUCM --(Route-Pattern) -- TCS

MCU 5320 -- SIP -- CUCM -- MX-700.

Thanks.

How are you scheduling the TCS, are you adding it as a participant in the conference, or using the recording drop down on the booking page?

Since you do mention CUCM, there is a limitation when scheduling a TCS that is deployed with CUCM, it could also be the reason you're seeing the scheduling issue in your first example, see bug CSCuu62896.

I'm using the recording drop down in the booking page by adding the TCS to TMS.

I looked at the Bug it still open I'm using the affected versions.

I have a VCS setup, I'll try to connect the TCS directly to VCS using H323 and make all endpoints registered to CUCM to go thru VCS and transcode the calls from SIP-2-H323. 

Please let me know if there is another alternative or this will be a real waste of money.

We don't have CUCM deployed as of yet, but TCS and VCS work fine as that is what we use and I get the recording indicator on the TelePresence Server when booking through TMS.

Regarding the bug, suggest you reach out to your Account Manager, and raise that issue with them, the more customers the better.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: