Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording telephone calls using Content Server

Alexander Zykov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

We have video collaboration network based on Cisco TelePresense: VCS Control, Content Server, etc.

We also have VoIP network based on Siemens HiPath 4000 and Siemens IP phones. Between these networks we create SIP-trunk (between HiPath and VCS Control), and it works well.

We can record video calls and conferences using Content Server. Now I try to record telephone call or conference, and it does not work.

Details: I call from one Siemens phone to another Siemens phone. I create conference by call from phone to Content Server. Connection established, and Content Server start recording, but finished it at once (created record that have length about 1 second). At this time connection from phone to Conent Server don't lost!

Is it possible to record telephone calls using Conent Server?

7 Replies 7

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Alexander,

- what version of TCS are you using?

- TCS can record audio but the scenario you described does not specify what conferencing bridge is used nor it is SIP or H323 call, etc.

- is TCS registered on VCS?

TCS does not support multisite calls.

Also from the scenario you described, can you check the media is actually sent to TCS? also the codec for that type of audio sent by siemens phone is enabled?

regards, Ahmad

Thanks for reply.

1. We using TCS ver. 5.3 Build 3316

2. Yes, TCS registered on VCS.

3. I think, you're right, problem because of codecs. I try to analyze.

aborodai
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Alexander,

You can look at the logs in TCS E: drive logs folder E:\logs\ContentEngine.

Please do not post any confidential information here.

It looks like TCS did not receive any media and drop the call.

Please feel free to ask any questions if you find any error messages in the logs, or raise TAC case.

Best Regards,

Artem Borodai

Thanks for reply.

Logs in E:\logs\ContentEngine doesn't contain any errors. Details in content_engine.txt

But i found errors in logs at folder TranscodeEngine. Details in transcode_engine.txt

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alexander.  What is the protocol being used to connect to the Content Server? SIP? H323?

TCS, if it doesn't detect audio and video depending on the bit rate used, may drop your call and recording.  If you place SIP to SIP call or H323 to H323 call, and make it a speech call or audio only call, will it record the audio only? Is this something you can test?

VR

Patrick

Patrick, I use SIP protocol (SIP trunk).

Now I sniffed traffic on the TCS: RTP packets has G.711 payload. But TCS have support of G.711!

I try also use "Audio only" option in TCS template. No result.

Alexander Zykov
Level 1
Level 1

Any ideas, friends?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: