Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirect Calls Based on Calling Party Number

jerold.baker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking for a method to redirect inbound PSTN calls based on the calling party number.  I can do this in CUCM 9 or IOS.  I find plenty of documentation out there on blocking calls by calling party number but nothing on redirecting.     

My situation is this.  We are a large company and often get request from users to block calls from annoying or harassing numbers.  Rather than block them I would like to drive them into a mailbox where the caller can attempt to find a resolution if they feel the calls was blocked in error.

Has anyone else attempted something like this? 

Thanks

3 Replies 3

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There's no way to route based on calling party number in CUCM.

Probably you can configure a voice translation-rule in the gateway (needs to be H.323 or SIP, not MGCP) that matches on the caller-id and translates to something that will route the call to the DN you want.

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks Tere,

My thinking was along the same lines as yours.  It would need to be done in IOS on our H.323 gateways.  I just have not found a way to change the called party number basied on the calling party number.  Call Rejects are easy but they also create a blackhole that things fall into.

`jerold

Hi Jerold,

If you are using CUCM 8.x and above, you can re-direct the call on the basis of the calling party number.

The configuration is very similar to block a call that uses the new feature added in CUCM 8.x and above (

Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number). The step 8 in the following document explains how to handle the call when the call has be routed by the calling party number. The translation pattern is configure with Route Option as "Block this pattern".

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18367

In order to re-direct the call, you can configure the Route Option with "Route this pattern" and specify the desired destination pattern under "Called party Transformation Mask". Also, make sure to add the appropriate CSS to be able to route the call.

HTH,

Jagpreet Singh Barmi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: