cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirect to TMS website from main URL

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to redirect all requests to the /tms subdirectory where the TMS website is, without having to put in the /tms at the end of the URL.  We don't have an issue on manually putting it in, or anything, just thinking if there was a way so if no one knew they needed that in the URL, they wouldn't have to worry about it forgetting it.

We're using Windows 2008 R2, and IIS7

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would go with the html file, its the least invasive and you can even enter some info (if you have a longer refresh timeout) and add a link the autio refresh does not work ;-)

I do not see a reason to not relay on it, it might be easier to write down in your recovery / install guies then a iis based redirect.

Also telling the users to go to /tms and not to the document root can be helpful :-)

Besides that the TMS appliance came with a out of the box redirect (ignore the two folders on the e: drive, thats my labbing box)

plese rate the answers and thet the thread to answered if it is! :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Patrick

It is possible to setup redirects in IIS in the webpage setting. A simple google search should help you on this its quite simple. I would explain it but not currently in the office. But just a word of caution, i have seen redirects causing problems with tmspe when it tries to connect to the tms server with redirects enabled. But no harm in trying as it is just to reset it back to the way it was if you see any issues.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thanks Mangus, I did some searches, just not to clear on understanding and don't want to mess up TMS as have already done in the past. Though like you said, it's easy to revert back and undo the redirect.

We're using a default page to do our current redirect, with a meta refresh under the root directory (default website in IIS). So was thinking of another method to try to keep it in IIS as much as possible so not to rely on an external HTML file.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I would go with the html file, its the least invasive and you can even enter some info (if you have a longer refresh timeout) and add a link the autio refresh does not work ;-)

I do not see a reason to not relay on it, it might be easier to write down in your recovery / install guies then a iis based redirect.

Also telling the users to go to /tms and not to the document root can be helpful :-)

Besides that the TMS appliance came with a out of the box redirect (ignore the two folders on the e: drive, thats my labbing box)

plese rate the answers and thet the thread to answered if it is! :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks Martin, and for the screenshot.

How to do this for IIS7?

I've tried with HTTP redirect but it does not work.

Attached is what I use at the moment, the redirect is on "iisstart.htm".

• Select the Default Web Site, and switch to Content View
  • Right-click on iisstart.htm, and switch to Features View.
  • Apply the HTTP Redirect (notice iisstart.htm is selected in the left navigation).

Thanks @Patrick Sparkman for breaking this down. It works for me
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: