cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundancy Interface for Content Server Release 6.x

s.sitthichai
Level 1
Level 1

Third-generation Content Server is UCS C220 (Not Vmware).

I see from TCS Release 6.x Quick Start which cannot use LAN2.

I'm not sure. How to connect LAN for redundancy interface or not because it have many NIC card.

Dual 1-Gb Ethernet ports:

LAN1 (Arrow 7, left pointer)— Use this port to connect the Content Server to the network (also see Figure 3)

LAN2 (Arrow 7, right pointer)— Not used

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

deeptiswain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The TCS server supports only single NIC in a deployment. That particular NIC value is used to generate the checksum, which needs to be passed along with the Release keys to bring up the content engine. That is the reason if you connect any other NIC to the network, the content engine will not start.

Also, when the release keys are generated on the license server, it uses the NIC with the lowest value (always the first NIC on the server).

I know its a complete waste to have so many NICs and use only one. But what can I say, thats the way Cisco designed the server..!!!

Regards,

-Deepti

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think the TCS can only use the LAN 1 nic, even though the appliance server the TCS uses has more than one NIC, I don't think it can bind to and use the others.

I think for redundancy and multiple network interfaces, I would have gone the virtual way.

That said, maybe its possible to use some NIC adapter redundancy under windows, but as there does not seem to be an info in teh documentation its most likely not supported by Cisco.

That said, if its not present by now, you can always contact your Cisco Partner / Cisco contact and file a feature request.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I think so but I'm not sure might be some person try to install third party software for nic teaming on Windows server.

Thanks.

deeptiswain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The TCS server supports only single NIC in a deployment. That particular NIC value is used to generate the checksum, which needs to be passed along with the Release keys to bring up the content engine. That is the reason if you connect any other NIC to the network, the content engine will not start.

Also, when the release keys are generated on the license server, it uses the NIC with the lowest value (always the first NIC on the server).

I know its a complete waste to have so many NICs and use only one. But what can I say, thats the way Cisco designed the server..!!!

Regards,

-Deepti

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: